Q. I am having severe itching in my vagina while passing urine. Why?

Dr. Alka
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 29, 2019 and last reviewed on: Dec 02, 2019

I am having severe itching in my vagina when I pass urine. I am taking medicines for the past seven days, but no results. And with the same, I am having piles problem as well. I have done my urine test. Please help.

Dr. Alka

#

I just read your query. You did not mention your urine report here. It will help me in prescribing accurate treatment and you did not mention your medicines that you are taking for your infection. Anyways first of all itching can be due to some sort of infection or might be due to negligence of hygiene. First of all, whenever you go to pass urine, wash your vagina with fresh water and clean it with a soft towel. Always keep your vaginal area clean and dry. Change your undergarments daily. Next thing drink eight to ten glasses of water every day. It will help you in excreting waste from your body and it is also beneficial for your piles problem too as it will help to prevent constipation. Take Renalka syrup two teaspoons three times a day with half glass of water for two to four weeks. Take syrup Neeri (AIMIL) two teaspoons three times a day with water for two to four weeks. You can take these medicines with your antibiotics too if you are taking any. Apply V-gel two times a day locally on your vagina.

If you have any sexual relationship then take precautions because in infection if you do intercourse it will exaggerate your problem. So do it safely. For your piles you did not mention from how long do you have this problem and does these are bleeding piles or not and some other information that I needed to prescribe you the exact medicine. All I can say that constipation increases the problem of piles so try to avoid the problem of constipation. Take a fibrous diet. Eat salads, fruits and drink plenty of water. Avoid spicy, deep-fried food.

You can have Triphala churan two teaspoons at bedtime with lukewarm water to avoid constipation. For detailed treatment about piles you have to send me the details about your problem.

Fungal infection or lack of proper hygiene and constipation.

Urine examination and urine culture.

After three weeks.

| 

Why do I severe vaginal itching in the night?

Query: Hi doctor, For the past few weeks, I have had severe vaginal itching. It goes on all night and sometimes during the day. I have not slept properly for the past few weeks. I have not experienced this level of itching before and for such a long time. Once this started, I used Lactacyd to alleviate the...  Read Full »

I always have an urge to pee after mastubration. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old male. Sometimes, after masturbation I feel urge to urinate regularly after every minute even though there is very less urine. Also I feel pain, some pricking and irritation feel while urinating. Sometimes, even without masturbation same problem occurs. Please advise me ...  Read Full »

I am having frequent urination. Kindly advise an ayurvedic medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am having frequent urination problem (urine every 30 to 40 minutes and not satisfied post-void) since a month. My Kidney function tests, blood sugar level, prostrate size everything is normal. My pelvic ultrasound showed mild urine post-void retention of 25 ml and muscosal prominen...  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now