Q. I have itchy vagina with no foul odor and discharge. Please help.

Dr. Donalyn S. Barcial

I feel itchy but I do not see any weird symptoms like foul odor, yeast, etc.

#

If no unusual foul odor or curdy white discharge, therefore no sign of infection. Itchiness can be secondary to irritation whether chemical or mechanical. Chemical in the form of the soap used or feminine wash and mechanical in the form of panty liners, pads, or even underwear.

For now, infection cannot be totally ruled out since it can be early infection wherein the discharge is still pooling inside the vaginal canal. I would suggest for you to use feminine wash with Chlorhexedine content once a day for three consecutive days like gyne pro feminine wash.

For bath soap use only hypoallergenic soap or mild baby soaps. Do not use shavers in the feminine area. Use cotton underwear and no panty shields, please. Pat dry the area every after washing and change underwear as often as possible. Take also antihistamine tabs like Claritin, or Loratadine 10 mg once a day or any anti-allergy medicines once a day to decrease the feeling of itchiness.

Irritation.

If there will be discharge or foul-smelling discharge on the succeeding days, it needs follow up.

Yeast infection.

Chemical dermatitis.

Hygiene, antihistamine and lifestyle modification.

Hygiene.

Follow up after three days.

|