Q. I have vaginal itch and it spreads up to anus. Please suggest solution.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

I have vaginal itch whenever I am active or at work. It tends to reach my anus at times, causing both to itch at once. I do not have any chunky discharge or anything of the sort, but sometimes there is a smell but not too strong. It has been happening for a while now and I do not want to self diagnose or just start using random products. Please help.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Itching in the vaginal region could be a sign of yeast infection. Avoid sweating of that area and keep changing your undergarments frequently and keep the area dry.

Sometimes improper hygiene while shaving public hair can also cause local infections and lead to genital region irritability and itching. If there is no vaginal discharge, you can just apply an antifungal cream like Clotrimazole + Beclomethasone combination locally twice daily for five days.

Alternatively, anal itching especially if aggravating at the night time could be a sign of pinworm infestation. You can consult your doctor for deworming after her assessment in case needed. But however, if it is happening along with vaginal itching anytime, it is mostly the same yeast infection. Try using some feminine washes for cleansing private parts.

| 

Please recommend some safe feminine washes.

Dr. Sravanthi Nuthalapati

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

Any brand is fine, you can check for brands in your country, which I am not aware of. You can use V-wash if that is available in your place.

|