Vaginal Lesion

A vaginal lesion occurs when there are more number of abnormal cells in the vagina, along with healthy cells. Infection with the human papillomavirus (HPV) can cause abnormal growth of cells in the vagina. Chemotherapy, using Fluorouracil cream over the lining of the vagina, helps to treat abnormal growths. Wide excision and laser treatment are also done to remove the abnormal cells present in the vagina.

Recently Answered Questions Recently Answered Questions

All the answers published in this website are written by verified medical doctors, therapists and health experts. The Content has been moderated by iCliniq medical review team before publication. Post your medical clarifications on iCliniq by choosing the right specialty and get them answered. Your medical queries will be answered 24/7 by top doctors from iCliniq.

I have a bleeding blister-like bump inside my vaginal lip and painful urination. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a bleeding blister-like bump inside my vaginal lip. I also have painful urination. What could be the reason?Please help.Thank you.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I have seen the attached images (attachments removed to protect the patient's identity). It seems like a sexually transmitted infection (STI) and needs immediate treatment. It is better to have a urinalysis, urine culture, high vaginal swab, local skin scraping, or b...  Read Full »

I have a recurring knot outside my vagina, which bursts and bleeds. What is it?

Query: Hello doctor,I am 34 year old female weighing 300 pounds. My height is 5'2". I have a vaginal issue that I need advice about. I have a knot that keeps coming up just on the outside of my vagina, and it eventually bursts and bleeds for a while. This has happened twice now, and it has really started ...  Read Full »

Dr. Dattaprasad Balasaheb Inamdar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to From the description you have given, it appears to be either Bartholin's abscess or a boil. Both cases can be recurrent if immunity is low, most common cause being diabetes mellitus. Following is my advice for managing the symptoms: Get your blood sugar levels checked; i...  Read Full »

I have a small yellow painful lump on the inside of the lip of my vagina. What could be the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,I have a small yellow lump that is painful when I touch or move. It is inside the lip of my vagina. What could be the cause? Kindly help.  Read Full »

Dr. Uzma Arqam

Answer: Hello, Welcome to It could be pus accumulation, some infected lesion, or an abscess, so better to have one local examination by a gynecologist. I would suggest you do the following: 1. Biopsy, a high vaginal swab, cervical smear, and discharge from the lump need to be sent for investiga...  Read Full »

What can be done for skin tags in the vagina of a sexually active 24-year-old female?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 24-year-old female, 5'6" tall, weighing 100 kg. I have PCOS and have gained weight. I have got a few skin tags near my vagina for three months, which are neither itchy nor have any pain. I do not have a history of such tags before, and I am not under any medications. I am worried...  Read Full »

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Madhav

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I read your query and understand it. 1) It must be a genital wart (a small bump or a growth in the genitals, which usually resembles a cauliflower), which might spontaneously regress in a few cases. 2) I suggest you apply Imiquimod cream 5 % three times a...  Read Full »

What could be the small raise on my vaginal opening?

Query: Hello doctor, A couple of weeks ago, I found a very small raise on my vaginal opening, much like a skin tag. I noticed the rise because of the burning sensation that was coming from that area. Since then, I have noticed that the bump has not grown bigger or smaller but has started burning the day I ...  Read Full »

Dr. Talpe Ashwini Nanasaheb

Answer: Hi, Welcome to It could be a boil that is an infection of hair follicles over the pubis, or it could be due to local irritation. It would be better if you shared the images of the lesion so that I can suggest medicine.   Read Full »

I have been suffering from vaginal problems for years. Is hyperthyroidism the cause?

Query: Hello doctor,I am a 20-year-old female. Right now, I am not sexually active. I have been suffering from a chronic disease for about two years. My vagina acts very oddly. The symptoms have been increasing in these two years. Initially, I thought it was related to sex. But now I think I have hyperthyr...  Read Full »

Dr. Reetika

Answer: Hello, Welcome to I can fully understand your concern and will surely help you. You have just said you feel you have hyperthyroidism and your vagina is not all right, but you have not told me any specific signs and symptoms. Hyperthyroidism can lead to irregular heartbeat, fatigue, we...  Read Full »

I have had a painless white spot on my vulva region for the past two days. Please help.

Query: Hello,I have a spot on the vulva. It does not hurt, but I can feel its presence. It is white and about the size of a pencil eraser too. It has been there for a couple of days and is near the vaginal opening. Previously I had a herpes infection, but it was not like this.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajesh Jain

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Do not worry. It seems to be an infected ulcer. Is there any itching, burning, or abnormal vaginal discharge? Please reply to them with details. Meanwhile, I suggest, Cleaning it with hydrogen peroxide. Apply Candid (Clotrimazole) lotion twice a day for seven days. Ca...  Read Full »

Is the growth near my vagina indicate an STD?

Query: Hello doctor,I have noticed an outgrowth near my vagina. When I consulted a doctor, she suggested it could be genital warts. We did the STD test for HPV and it came negative. But, I am so scared. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Neha Rathod

Answer: Hello, Welcome to Please attach the reports and photos of the complaint. Revert with more information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online -->  Read Full »

What could cause a vaginal lesion with burning sensation?

Query: Hi doctor, I got intimate with my partner (no penetrative vaginal sex, only oral sex) and took a plan B contraception. I get my period after ten days, and all my pregnancy tests were always negative. I also went to the gynecologist who checked my area, and she swabbed me for gonorrhea, chlamydia, H...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to I can understand your concern. According to your statement, you have been suffering from a vaginal lesion with a burning sensation but no pain or burning during micturition. According to the picture provided here (attachment removed to protect patient identity)...  Read Full »

How to get rid of itchy and inflamed lumps on the vagina?

Query: Hello doctor, I have a few lumps on my vagina, which get itchy and inflamed and then go back down. I have had a herpes swab, and it is negative. I was wondering if it could be genital warts? I have had HPV infections.  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad Zubayer Alam

Answer: Hi, Welcome to According to your statement, you have been suffering from a few lumps on your vagina, which are itchy. According to the pictures (attachment removed to protect patient identity), you may suffer from genital warts, small colored lumps. These may have a cauliflower-...  Read Full »

ask-doctor-img Ask a Doctor Online

* Your first query consult is free!

Search for a Health Issue

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website. Read our Editorial Process to know how we create content for health articles and queries.