Q. I have a blister on my vagina which is itchy and burning. What could it be?

This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 30, 2019

I did have one sore on my vagina, a blister appears from no were was sore, itchy and burning a bit and there are lots of white stuff around my vagina clit, it was fine then this appears from no where and I cannot pop or scrap it. What is this white spot thing? I do suffer from BV and PID, and been treated. Now my vagina smells and it is not fishy. I cannot describe it, it is like asparagus and I do not eat it. It is a dirty smell. Also, my lips get dry, my arms and legs get pricks, and my top lip tingles.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The lesion appears to be a follicular infection or folliculitis and unlike any STD (sexually transmitted disease) especially herpes which has a confluent multiple blister growth. The pain and inflammation seem classical to folliculitis and it is likely to be after you have shaved. I would suggest the application of ointment Soframycin (Framycetin) thrice a day over it for three days and can take antibiotics short course for three days with Amoxycillin.

However, the foul smell per vaginum indicates an infection again and itching accompanied indicates a mixed vaginosis recurrence. So please get a high vaginal swab culture to establish the cause and then further treatment can be offered by your gynecologist.

|