Q. I have a blister on my vagina which is itchy and burning. What could it be?

Published on Nov 27, 2019 and last reviewed on: Nov 30, 2019

I did have one sore on my vagina, a blister appears from no were was sore, itchy and burning a bit and there are lots of white stuff around my vagina clit, it was fine then this appears from no where and I cannot pop or scrap it. What is this white spot thing? I do suffer from BV and PID, and been treated. Now my vagina smells and it is not fishy. I cannot describe it, it is like asparagus and I do not eat it. It is a dirty smell. Also, my lips get dry, my arms and legs get pricks, and my top lip tingles.

Infertility Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The lesion appears to be a follicular infection or folliculitis and unlike any STD (sexually transmitted disease) especially herpes which has a confluent multiple blister growth. The pain and inflammation seem classical to folliculitis and it is likely to be after you have shaved. I would suggest the application of ointment Soframycin (Framycetin) thrice a day over it for three days and can take antibiotics short course for three days with Amoxycillin.

However, the foul smell per vaginum indicates an infection again and itching accompanied indicates a mixed vaginosis recurrence. So please get a high vaginal swab culture to establish the cause and then further treatment can be offered by your gynecologist.

| 

My son suspects to have genital herpes. Is it safe for my pregnant daughter to be near him?

Query: Hello doctor, My 26-year-old son suspects to have genital herpes. He had one outbreak of something in his genitals about six weeks ago but no other symptoms. He has not seen a doctor nor has he had any testing. He does not believe he has it. He is going to spend this weekend with his sister who is ...  Read Full »

How to treat folliculitis on the penis?

Query: Hi doctor,This is on my penis foreskin. What exactly is this? I had tried squeezing it. Is it folliculitis by any chance? Anything to worry and what is the treatment for this?  Read Full »

I have a painful bump with folliculitis below nipple. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33-year-old obese male. About 1 and a half years ago, I had a painful folliculitis, right below the left nipple which was cured after taking some antibiotics. It had caused a tiny bump below the left nipple, which when touched hurt. Anyways, after taking antibiotics it got healed....  Read Full »