Q. Though I am not sexually active, got a bump on my vagina. Please help.

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I am 18 years old and virgin. Lately, I have been having some problems down there. I have a bump or something on the right lip of my vagina. Sometimes, I feel itch and it sting unexpectedly throughout the day. It also did not heal. I am sure that it cannot be an STI or STD, because I am not sexually active. Can you help me?

#

Well, I do understand your dilemma.

I have a few simple suggestions for you. Bear in mind though that the best method of treatment in your case is for you to visit a gynecologist and have him or her see the lesion.

• Keep your privates dry. Wipe thoroughly, but gently after going to the washroom.
  • Wear loose fitting cotton underwear only at all times and nothing synthetic.
  • Apply a powder after you take a bath or visit the washroom. It can be either Clotrimazole powder or Neosporin (combination of Polymyxin B sulfate, Neomycin and Bacitracin).
  • Apply a simple ointment such as T-bact (Mupirocin), Betadine or Neosporin twice a day. One of these times must be prior to bedtime.
  • If you have had someone go down there orally and they have a cold sore please let me know.
  • I suggest you some oral medication for 3 days. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day after food for three days. You should be better in a week to 10 days.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes

Why am I having itching and irritation near genital area?

Query: Hello doctor,I am suffering from heavy itching and irritation in the area between thighs near genital area and asshole area. Currently, I am using Candid B lotion and Clotrimazole cream.  Read Full »

How is a vaginal infection treated?

Query: Hi doctor, I have got some vaginal infection. I feel itching, burning and some kind of cut and marks on my vagina. I would like to know the treatment for this. Please help.  Read Full »

Which is the best mode of transport for 2 weeks old baby?

Query: Hi doctor,My baby is 2 weeks old. I want to know whether is it safe for my baby to travel after three weeks as I wish to drop mother and baby in my wife's place. Which is the best mode for the trip?  Read Full »

Vitamin D and COVID-19
Did you know COVID-19 patients with vitamin D deficiency are twice as likely to have severe complications, including dea...  Read more»
The New 'Super-Spreader' Strain of Coronavirus
A new variant of SARS-CoV-2, the virus that causes COVID-19, is spreading fast in parts of the UK. Read how this new var...  Read more»
How to treat my mother's sigmoid colon ulcer?
Hi doctor, My mother, who is 45 years old, has ulcers in the sigmoid colon for the last 15 years. The problem got reduce...  Read more»