Q. Though I am not sexually active, got a bump on my vagina. Please help.

Dr. Sweta Singh
This is a premium question & answer published on Jul 26, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 08, 2020

I am 18 years old and virgin. Lately, I have been having some problems down there. I have a bump or something on the right lip of my vagina. Sometimes, I feel itch and it sting unexpectedly throughout the day. It also did not heal. I am sure that it cannot be an STI or STD, because I am not sexually active. Can you help me?

#

Well, I do understand your dilemma.

I have a few simple suggestions for you. Bear in mind though that the best method of treatment in your case is for you to visit a gynecologist and have him or her see the lesion.

• Keep your privates dry. Wipe thoroughly, but gently after going to the washroom.
  • Wear loose fitting cotton underwear only at all times and nothing synthetic.
  • Apply a powder after you take a bath or visit the washroom. It can be either Clotrimazole powder or Neosporin (combination of Polymyxin B sulfate, Neomycin and Bacitracin).
  • Apply a simple ointment such as T-bact (Mupirocin), Betadine or Neosporin twice a day. One of these times must be prior to bedtime.
  • If you have had someone go down there orally and they have a cold sore please let me know.
  • I suggest you some oral medication for 3 days. Consult a specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.
  • Tablet Azithromycin 500 mg once a day after food for three days. You should be better in a week to 10 days.

For further information consult an obstetrician and gynaecologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/obstetrician-and-gynaecologist

| 
1 out of 1 likes