Q. What can cause a painful lump on the lip of the vagina?

Dr. Uzma Arqam

I have a small yellow lump that is painful when I touch or move. It is inside the lip of my vagina. What could be the cause? Kindly help.

#

It could be pus accumulation, some infected lesion, or an abscess, so better to have one local examination by a gynecologist. I would suggest you do the following:

1. Biopsy, a high vaginal swab, cervical smear, and discharge from the lump need to be sent for investigation.

2. Strict hygiene.

3. Sit in warm water three times a day for relief.

4. Use condoms to avoid infection transmission.

5. Wear soft, comfortable undergarments.

Get all the lab investigations done and discuss them with a gynecologist. I suggest you take the following medications:

Tablet Paracetamol 500 mg every eight hours can be taken for pain and stopped if the pain subsides.

Tablet Doxycycline 100 mg every 12 hours and tablet Metronidazole 400 mg every eight hours for seven days. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with them and take medications with their consent. Take a healthy, nutritious diet with light exercise.

|