Q. I am having soreness in the vagina every time after intercourse. Why?

Dr. Vidya

I am 27 years old and I have been in a relationship for 10 months now and only recently have I came upon a problem. My partner was a virgin and I have had one sexual parter before him. I do not believe my problem is still related as I have no symptoms and my encounter with this other partner was well over a year ago and this problem is very recent.

Basically, after intercourse, it has become very sore down there. About one month ago he ejaculated inside me and ever since I believe this has begun. However, I may not think that is connected as the soreness arrives after every time we have sex and stays for two to seven days. I have not been to the doctor as of yet as I do not want to be looked at down there. However, this will have to happen as my last resort. I just want this problem resolved. Please help.

Dr. Vidya

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

The soreness you develop every time post sexual intercourse is most likely due to inflammation or friction-related. It could also be an infection. I would suggest you use a good lubricant over the area just before the intercourse. This would avoid friction related soreness. Avoid the use of nylon undergarments, instead, go for cotton fabrics. You must also use a good feminine intimate wash to wash your vagina which is rich is lactic acid bacilli that prevents any kind of vaginal infection. If you still experience the soreness you will need to be started on antibiotics after an examination.

|