Q. Is it advisable to not use Nuva ring for seven days in between menstrual cycle?

Dr. Eeshani Dutta

I am on the NuvaRing and this is the 7th day of it out because I was trying to have my period. Should I put it back in today? This is my first month on the NuvaRing and it is to regulate my period and I started my period a few days back. Prior to the NuvaRing, I did not have a period for over a year.

#

The NuvaRing is to be worn for three weeks, while off for one week. If today is your seventh day, insert it tomorrow. Mark it on the calendar, and count it as the first day of your next cycle. Wear it till 21st day, remove it on 22nd day morning till the 28th day. The 29th day is again your first day of next cycle.

|