Q. How to clean vagina properly after sex?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

How to properly clean the vagina after period sex, to avoid any discomfort? Is it necessary to clean the vagina after engaging in period sex, if so, why? What is the best way to properly clean the vagina after engaging in period sex? Is there anything else hygiene-related you wish more young women to know about period sex?

Dr. Deepti Kurmi

Obstetrics And Gynaecology
#

If you are not planning pregnancy, after intercourse you can simply wipe with dry tissue paper or if you feel sticky wash with water and dry with a tissue paper. On a regular basis, frequent washing and the use of soap should be avoided, as it hampers natural bacteria. Once or twice in a day while bathing, cleaning is enough. Just use a tissue paper if you feel damp after urinating. Wear cotton underwear, and try changing them twice a day. Avoid any perfumes or talc over your perineum.

|