Q. Can vaginitis cause abdominal pain and foul smelling vagina?

Dr. Richa Agarwal

I have stomach and abdominal pain for the past seven to eight days. There is also a foul smell from the vagina. I had similar pain during my previous periods and had used homeopathic medicines for the same. Also, I had taken an ultrasound scan three years back. Previously, the pain would be mild and frequent, but it hurts more at night over the last two to three days. Kindly advise.

#

Thank you for trusting us for your health care. I have gone through your history and understand your concerns. Your symptoms suggest vaginitis, which is mainly due to a fungal infection.

I suggest you follow the below treatment:

1. Keep the area clean and dry.

2. Drink a lot of warm water.

3. Take a soft diet.

4. Use an antifungal medicine and cream for application.

I hope you found this helpful. Feel free to ask for more information.

Good luck.

|