Q. I am diagnosed with varicocele grade 2. What has to be done?

Dr. Vaibhav
Published on Oct 02, 2019

Diagnosed with varicocele grade 2. I have a lot of queries. Can it be treated? Will varicocele affect my sexual life? Will it lead to infertility (what are the percentages of chances) or is it controversial? Will sexual activity complicate my varicocele? Should I avoid sexual intercourse? Can I go to the gym?

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

Varicocele needs operation is two cases only. If it causes too much discomfort or pain or as a treatment of infertility. Not every varicocele causes infertility or problem in sexual life. Only if infertility occurs then varicocele treatment is needed. There is no fixed percent cases but chances are low. You can go to the gym, no problem in that. You should do repeat sonography after three months to check for the status of varicocele. You should also do a semen analysis to get an idea of your fertility status.

Will it increase with sexual intercourse?

Dr. Vaibhav

Urology
#

No, sexual intercourse frequency and time period have no effect on varicocele. My only advice, for now, is do not wear tight underwear. Avoid long bike ride, sleep without underwear at night. Avoid bath with too hot water. All these to prevent temperature rise in the scrotum and repeat sonography after three months and semen analysis.

We are undergoing infertility treatment.Please advice regarding the diet.

Query: Hello doctor, Me and my wife are undergoing infertility treatment. I am 42 years old and my wife is 37 years old. We have had a failed IVF and a failed frozen embryo transfer. One month back we had an IVF procedure and it has turned positive. Now we are in the fourth week. We are much concerned abou...  Read Full >>

Dr. Arul Amuthan
Pharmacologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The psychological as well as lifestyle changes will definitely affect the fetus (baby within the uterus). Generally, heat producing foods or activities lead to production of prostaglandins. These prostaglandins can disturb the uterus. Thus, certain foods have to b...  Read Full

Is it true that varicocele correction improves low testosterone?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 34 years old. My height is 5'11' and weight is 90 kg. I have been facing erectile dysfunction for the past three years. I visited an andrologist and he did various tests. All are good except that my testosterone levels are low. My doctor suggested that should be due to varicocele. If ...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I do not think erectile dysfunction is caused by mild varicocele. In case, if it was moderate to high grade of varicocele, then we can expect a reversal of the problem on the correction of varicocele. Regarding low testosterone, varicose could be the reason. It is possibl...  Read Full

I have varicocele. Is there a way to control it by yoga?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the right varicocele, which is 4 mm in size due to which I have very mild pain in the right testis. Do you think this can be treated by yoga in any way or if yoga can help in controlling this?  Read Full >>

Dr. Shakti Mishra
Nutritionist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all, you need to undergo examination and need to take medicine for the immediate arrest of the problem. You can try yoga asanas like suryanamaskar, bridge pose, straight leg raising, dhanurasana in a slow manner. Deep breathing exercises and pranayam can hel...  Read Full