Q. Please suggest whether I need Accentrix injection for my eye problem.

Answered by
Dr. Shikha
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 28, 2019

Hi doctor,

I see wavy lines in my right eye. I was asked to do an OCT. After OCT, my doctor advised Accentrix injections. I am attaching my OCT here for your reference. Please suggest if there is any other option.



Welcome to

  • What is your age? Are you diabetic or hypertensive? This history is important as treatment option will vary depending on this history.
  • Your diagnosis seems to be as vascular occlusion (attachment removed to protect patient identity).
  • Yes, this intravitreal injection is must and only this injection can reduce edema and improve your vision.
  • I know it is quite costly and may require repeat multiple doses at a gap of at least one month. Further treatment will depend on the follow up OCT (optical coherence tomography).
  • Also, keep using Amnac eye drop (Nepafenac) till then in your right eye on three times a day.

For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->

Thank you doctor,

I am 60 years old. I am neither diabetic nor hypertensive.



Welcome back to

  • Then, it must be some vascular occlusion only and the treatment will remain intravitreal Accentrix injection (Ranibizumab) only.
  • Already, long time has elapsed so do not wait. Because, as time will pass the prognosis will also become poorer.

For further doubts consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -->

No thyroid or heart disease.New india insurance refuses to approve intervireal injection is there any other line of treatment as I am a retired person.Please guide.
# Hello Probir
Welcome back.
No this injection is only the option and you should be thankful to its discoverers. Because this is the only option.

Was this answer helpful?


Same symptoms doesn’t mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Related Questions:
After examining,the doctor told VH in my left eye and gave injection Lucentis.What is VH?

If this happens, intravitreous Lucentis (Ranibizumab) is advisable ...   Read full

I am concerned that my mom may have a blood disorder. Kindly help.

A few weeks ago, she developed sudden onset of blurred vision in her right eye, sharp pain behind eye and vision loss ...  It has become worse and she is developing more symptoms, including pain...   Read full

Please explain the dosage of Prednisolone after cataract surgery.

.. has post operative uveitis which happens in some patients after cataract surgery. The treatment is: 1. We try to find out any cause for recurrent inflammation. If there is no cause then we treat the inflammation. If there is some inciting factor ...   Read full

Also Read Answers From:

ideaComprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Also Read

Alzheimer's Disease - an Overview
Alzheimer's is a neurodegenerative condition that can seriously hamper one's day to day activities and quality of life. ...  Read more»
My father is experiencing hospital delirium after ankle surgery. Please help.
Hi doctor, I am concerned about drug interaction for my father. He is experiencing hospital delirium after surgery. My ...  Read more»
Is there a chance for dengue reattack in the same season?
Hi doctor, I was diagnosed with dengue towards the end of last month. I was hospitalized for five days. I went through...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask an Eye Care Ophthalmologist Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: No content published on this website is intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek advice from your physician or other qualified healthcare providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.