Vasculitis

How is vasculitis treated?

Query: Hi doctor, My mother has been suffering from vasculitis. She is facing difficulty in walking. She also has thyroid, diabetes and sarcoidosis. Currently, she is on Covance 50, Gabantin 100, Dilzem 30, Raricap, Sympta 20 and Modlip 10. For vasculitis, she was prescribed to have Wysolone 7.5 mg and Mmf...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, there is a lot of treatment available for vasculitis (blood vessel inflammation). We do use injection Cyclophosphamide and Rituximab. But, it is very difficult to comment anything unless you tell us which vasculitis is she suffering from as the treatment will vary a...  Read Full »

I have non-itchy red bumps in my body. What it could be?

Query: Hello doctor, I have raised red bumps on hands, arms, legs, and back of the shoulder. I never had rosacea or eczema or dermatitis or any other skin issues. They are also not itchy.  Read Full »

Dr. Asmeet Kaur Sawhney

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There are many causes of non-itchy bumps. It could be sarcoidosis, granuloma annulare or acneiform eruption. I would recommend you to upload the pictures of the affected areas so that, I can have a clearer picture of the condition and can guide you accordingly. For ...  Read Full »

Patient has painful papules on both sides of hands. Please provide diagnosis.

Query: Hello doctor, The patient is a 12 year old female. One month ago, she presented with drenching sweating and cold feeling with cold hands. Two weeks later, the skin of hands became erythematous and blanched on pressure. Then, they gave her measles vaccine in the school. Two days later, she developed...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post (attachment removed to protect patient identity). The significant problems mentioned in the post are: Palmar erythema. Leucocytosis with TLC 1400. Thrombocytosis. Low complement C3. All these could be manifestations of vasculitis. Ho...  Read Full »

How to treat long term cough?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a college student. Since last years, I feel cough all the time. Before two years, I had cold and fever and since that time I am having cough. I have consulted an ENT specialist regarding this, but nothing happened. I have attached the prescription as well. Earlier, I was able to visu...  Read Full »

Dr. Kumarshri Shriniwas Saraswat

Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist, Sleep Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query in detail, the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and have the following observations: Chronic cough not responding to medicines, difficulty thinking (cognitive impairment), memory problems, periods of delirium or ...  Read Full »

Why does the lower part of my scrotum become dark and pains when I walk?

Query: Hello!one day when I masturbated my right testicle went up and at the same time I felt a burning in the perineal area. After ejaculation I felt an intense pain in that area and from that time I always have problems walking or ejaculating. The thing that scares me is that the penis veins have increas...  Read Full »

Dr. Arup Majumdar

Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com Let me tell you that the symptoms described by you suggest that you have vasculitis(inflammation of the blood vessels) can cause Peyronie's disease. More over it may be due to epididymo orchitis. In this situation I suggest you non steroidal anti inflammatory madication l...  Read Full »

What could be the severe joint pain with inflammation followed by bleeding from nose after a while?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 47-year-old female. I started to have severe joint pains and inflammation around three weeks back. Then one day as I was giving a presentation, my team members noticed that I was bleeding profusely from my nose. The in-house nurse was called and I was found with high pressure o...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your query. I need to clear a few doubts before giving you the final answer. I understand you had some problem which started three weeks back with joint pains followed by high blood pressure causing a nose bleed. I would like to investigate why you ...  Read Full »

How to reduce the pain caused by cutaneous vasculitis?

Query: Hi doctor, My 18-year-old daughter has cutaneous vasculitis, mainly covers her lower legs, according to the ER doctor and family doctor as of 3 weeks ago. She is so miserable. I have had to keep her home from school and let her put her feet up. When she goes to school or is on her feet for any leng...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through your history. It seems a bit weird that no one is starting the treatment yet. Firstly, with vasculitis, one needs to see if it is limited only to the skin or the internal organs as well. We need to see her blood routine, urine routine, and a chest x...  Read Full »

Why are there vascular lines and petechiae in middle back?

Query: Hi doctor, I saw today that my husband has this vascuar lines and petechias in his middle back but I could not do a diagnosis. I am a general physician but not a dermatologist. Is this condition a vasculitis or something I should worry about?  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay Kumar

Cosmetologist, Dermatologist, Microbiologist, Venereologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have observed the picture and also gone through the history of present and past illness (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I could observe that there is tendency for the lesions to assume a shape that is generally seen due to excoriation. This implies t...  Read Full »

What causes sharp headaches and abrupt vision shifts?

Query: Hi doctor, For a week or two, while walking around, I have had the feeling that I was lightheaded or unsteady on my feet. It was not like the room shifting. Today, I have had a sharp headache above one eye. While sitting at my desk, my field of vision shifted abruptly. What does that sound like? I...  Read Full »

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms could be due to ocular migraine, brain lesion, vasculitis, hypertension and stress. I would suggest you to consult a neurologist and have yourself examined. You need to carry out MRI brain to exclude any brain lesion as the cause for your symptoms. Also, ha...  Read Full »

What are the causes for headaches and swollen feet?

Query: Hello doctor, I am wondering if anyone would know what is wrong or what other tests can be done. My ANA is 1:360, TSH is 0.5, free and total, T3 and T4 are normal. SLE (systemic lupus erythematosus) is negative, Sjorgen's is negative, and thyroid ultrasound is normal. Symptoms experienced are extrem...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I went through your post. Firstly, let me summarize your complaints and investigations. You have symptoms of ill health which include headaches, giddiness, and swelling of feet and ankles. Positive findings on investigations are your high leukocyte count of more than...  Read Full »