Venous Insufficiency

What can cause swelling of the feet?

Query: Hi doctor, My wife is suffering from feet swelling for the past four years. We met nearly seven to eight doctors for this issue, but she did not get any relief. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Four years is a long time to have swelling of the feet. But, since you have met so many doctors and have taken so many treatments. I suggest you to kindly send me some more data regarding your investigations, x-rays and any other investigation you have done. Also, send m...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for abdominal discomfort with red facial flushes?

Query: Hello doctor, Two months ago, I was diagnosed with a very tiny hiatal hernia. My chiropractor found my stomach is pushed up very high, next to my esophagus. He was able to push it back down, but with a lot of painful force and manipulation. Ever since I have been getting sicker and sicker with ep...  Read Full »

Dr. Naval Mendiratta

Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Well, the symptoms do sound a bit different and something we need to look into. As per the issues, I hope they have looked into any form of venous obstruction i.e. super vein obstruction. Any compression on that vein can cause the face to turn red and a bit of lo...  Read Full »

Why is my wound not getting cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 43 years old. I am suffering from a wound placed on the opposite side of ankle. I am unable to walk with the pain. I have been suffering with this for the last three months. I previously used Pividine microbicidal sprinkling powder and Zenflox 200. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Tim Evans

Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have what looks like a dry necrotic ulcer affecting the lateral malleolus of your ankle (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I suspect this is likely to be due to venous insufficiency and given its distribution. This is where the valves, which normally en...  Read Full »

What does it mean when there is back pain, arm stiffness, and grip loss?

Query: Hello doctor,My daughter has been experiencing severe back pain, arm stiffness with grip loss, shooting pains down legs when the heel is put to floor and vision blurring when sitting in the car for long periods, for over two years following spinal anesthesia for C-section. MRI scans show nothing and...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern and would explain that her symptoms (especially the grip loss in her arms and blurring vision) are not related to a lumbar spine disorder. A brain disorder (intracranial hypotension) or a cervical myelopathy could explain some of her sympto...  Read Full »