Q. What is the possible way to reduce mild vertigo?

Dr. Ashok Kumar Srivastava
This is a premium question & answer published on Feb 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2019

I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?

#

I understand your concern.

I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural.

Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases.

1. Spondylosis.
  2. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain.
  3. Metabolic disorders like disturbance of sodium Na+ and potassium K+ levels, diabetic complications, etc.

As your electronystagmogram (ENG) is normal, there is likely less chance of aural cause.

Please consult your doctor for thorough examination and relevant investigation to reach correct diagnosis that may be managed accordingly.

|