Q. What is the possible way to reduce mild vertigo?

Dr. A.k.srivastava
Published on Feb 23, 2016 and last reviewed on: May 06, 2019

I have mild vertigo for the past one month. There is no sweating or vomiting. I do not have any pain in the head and there is no problem of hearing and vision. I am only experiencing some balancing problem. My ENG test is absolutely normal. What will be the possible way to reduce this?

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

I understand your concern.

I would like to tell you the causes of unsteadiness or dizziness. They are aural (disease of ear) and extra aural.

Under extra aural there comes a long list of diseases.

1. Spondylosis.
  2. Tumors of cerebellopontine (CP) angle and brain.
  3. Metabolic disorders like disturbance of sodium Na+ and potassium K+ levels, diabetic complications, etc.

As your electronystagmogram (ENG) is normal, there is likely less chance of aural cause.

Please consult your doctor for thorough examination and relevant investigation to reach correct diagnosis that may be managed accordingly.

I get dizziness when I look up or get up. What is causing this?

Query: Hello doctor,I have been getting bouts of confusion, dizziness (when looking up and sometimes when getting up), headaches, pulses, and pressure in my head and what I can only explain as brain fog (during these episodes, I find that my problem solving and my cognitive function is diminished). The epi...  Read Full »

Why am I having dizziness and blackout with swollen throat?

Query: Hello doctor, For a couple of days now I have been ill and the symptoms are getting worse. First, it started off with a swollen throat (which I still have but is not as bad) which gives me a phlegm cough but has reduced. I constantly have dizziness and blackouts with pulsating sensations not only g...  Read Full »

I was suggested surgery for cervical spondylosis. Should I go for it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 53 year old female. I am cervical spondylosis patient. After MRI report, the doctor suggested an operation. Should I go with the operation or not? MRI report: Spine with the screening of the whole spine: Cervical spine was studied with 3 mm thin slices in the axial and sagitt...  Read Full »