Q. Why do I have blurring of vision even after treating viral conjunctivitis?

Dr. Pooja Pandya

I am 24 years old. Three months ago, I got viral conjuctivitis after two weeks everything was fine but eyes got blurred then my doctor recommended me Tobramycin + Fluorometholone acetate suspension and Tear Naturale Forte. Then after using it for one month my vision was clear but then doctor changed eye drops to Tobarest-F and Tear Naturale Forte. Now my vision is getting blurred again. What should I do? Now I have no other problem such as redness, itching, etc., just blurry vision is there. Please help.

#

I have seen the picture. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

You are having post-viral SPK (superficial punctuate keratitis) in your eyes. It is a very common condition after viral conjunctivitis. It is that small whitish scar marks on the cornea which leads to blurred vision. It will take time to resolve. You have to continue drops which have been prescribed by your doctor that is perfect drops only. So no need to worry.

It can take three to six months or sometimes one year to resolve. Just continue drops which you are using right now both you should use it daily for at least a month. Then you can taper the frequency of it and slowly you can stop it. Slowly your vision will improve as lesions on the cornea will get resolved.

|