Vision Problem

Is it possible to regain vision after a corneal injury?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 6 years old, got an injury in the right cornea by a sharp pencil. The cornea was repaired with six stitches. After 18 days, cataract surgery was done. The next day morning after removing the patch, he saw clearly in open eye. But, from today, he could not see through his ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did he get any surgery for cornea, except sutures? Immediately after cataract surgery, it may be possible to see clearly. But, usually it takes around six weeks to regain vision. Keep using the drops. Do not worry. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmo...  Read Full »

How to treat nystagmus?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old. I have a problem of nystagmus from birth. Due to this, I have a problem to see far objects. Please give me some suggestions regarding the treatment of nystagmus. I have attached the prescriptions of my doctor.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your papers (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your vision is well maintained and you have a small refractive error. Nystagmus can be of various types based on its intensity and frequency. The management is decided by the intensity of nystagmus...  Read Full »

Does getting hit at the back of the head cause major vision problems?

Query: Hello doctor, Tonight, I was doing sit ups in a group. It was a competition, so we were doing them very quickly. One person was doing them behind me and we did not realize we were in such close proximity and we banged the back of our heads together pretty hard. I am not sure exactly where I got a hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. If you have only localized pain that is a pain in the back of the head where you got hit, then nothing to worry about. You have not lost consciousness also and that is another sign that the hit was not a major one. Regarding loss of vision, tha...  Read Full »

Left eye starts watering when I see bright light. Why is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have noticed over the past several months, that I have been favoring my right eye more (monocular vision). My right eye is my dominant eye. I have been leaning in that direction to read. I can still see out of my left eye but the focus is from my right. I have s...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your eyes. It looks absolutely normal. Your symptoms appear to be related to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading.  Also there dominant eye can be changed with little e...  Read Full »

Why do I feel glowing spots while seeing through my left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed a glow on the right hand with my left eye. Could this be the light reflection or is this something I should get tested? My last eye test cancelled due to some reason. Kindly guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Is the appearance of a glow radiating from the corner of the cornea? I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a little blurry, but it does look like an illumination from inside to the outside. I am n...  Read Full »

Can distorted vision happen as a later effect of Lasik surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a distorted vision for the past one year. I see distorted shapes, especially when I tilt my head. Ten months ago, I visited my eye doctor. He did a dilated eye exam and said my eyes are normal. But I still see distortions. I had a lasik ten years ago. I can see clearly, but I al...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your history. You had lasik ten years ago. Are you sure you did not have any distortions in the image then or only for one year? What was your previous power before lasik? When lasik is done it flattens the cornea only for a certain diameter of the...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for my headache with sensitive scalp, vision problem, and nausea?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 39-year-old female. For the past two-three weeks, I have a slight headache in the back of the head with a sensitive scalp, tiredness, tired vision, sometimes with nausea, and lower backache. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Divakara P

Diabetologist, Endocrinologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Pain Medicine Physician, Pulmonologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. See, your problems could be due to diseases of the brain, or infections, or eye problems. Do you have any fever? Fever points towards infection. Have you got your blood pressure checked? If yes, how much is it? Get your eye tested. Also, test for CBC (complete blo...  Read Full »

Can disc dislocation be the cause of pain in the lower spine area?

Query: Hi doctor, I met with a car accident three months back and have noticed my abdomen, pelvis, and lower back have been significantly worse since then. My doctor put it down to my GI issues and advised Paracetamol and Lansoprazole. I have had pain in my upper right abdomen that radiates around my side...  Read Full »

Dr. Sugreev Singh

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for writing to me, and I am concerned about you. After the accident, did you do any x-ray or ultrasound? Most probably, this may be happening due to disc dislocation. As you mentioned, your symptoms occurred just after the accident. So there are possibilities ...  Read Full »

What could be the reason for muscle spasm in shoulders, headache and vision problem?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 30 years old. About a month ago, I had a heavy bag on my right shoulder. A few days later, I noticed that the muscle started to spasm in my shoulder along with pain radiating into my head with tension headaches and at the top of my head. I have tried massages, heat, and cold therapy...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are suggestive of local inflammation of occipital nerve. I recommend taking Indomethacin twice daily for a week. I do not think that the troubles with vision are related to shoulder pain, but the psychological stress could explain them. Regarding the ...  Read Full »

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »