Vision Problem

Why is my vision opaque after a corneal transplant?

Query: Hi doctor, I am having vision problem in my right eye. I had corneal transplant done and no stitches have been removed. My vision is opaque now. Is this possibly a rejection? For the eye, I am using Prednisolone, Timolol, antibiotic eye drops and Muro 128. I am diabetic and also taking medicines fo...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The outcome of the corneal transplant usually depends on the cause for which it is done. If it is done for optical reasons (vision) then vision is usually good. If it is done for therapeutic reasons (to save the collapse of the eye ball) then the visual out...  Read Full »

What could be the cause for constant dizziness, vision blackout, ringing sound and headache?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 19-year-old female. Almost every time I stand up or sit up I get extremely dizzy and lose all eyesight, and everything looks like a tv that lost signal. I also lose most of my hearing and there is also ringing noises in my ear. After a few minutes I can see again, but I get abo...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Frequent chronic headaches are most commonly due to: 1. Migraine headache. 2. Chronic tension headache. Migraine headaches are usually unilateral, associated with throbbing, vomiting sensations, photophobia, and phonophobia. Chronic tension headaches usually present w...  Read Full »

What can cause sudden blurred vision?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. I have never had any problems with my eyes. I had a perfect vision. But, from yesterday morning I feel blurred vision in my right eye. I am an informatician, so I am in front of a screen every day for almost 10-15 years and I do not have pain in my eyes when I use...  Read Full »

Dr. Dada Peer K

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I reviewed your history. These symptoms indicate dryness of eyes. Symptomatic relief can be obtained by use of artificial tear eye drops. I would suggest to use artificial eye drops like Refresh tears (Carboxymethylcellulose Sodium) one drop 2-3 times a ...  Read Full »

How long will a swelling in retina take to get back to normal?

Query: Hello doctor, Some oil went into my retina around 20 days back. I consulted some doctor's, but different doctors gave different advice. While doing some work my retina swells up in the left eye and the vision is not proper. When will it be all right?  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your medical notes and can assure you that you should be doing fine. I also read that you have had lasik surgery done in the past. First of all the oil did not effect your retina, which is the innermost portion of the eye, not exposed to the out side. Th...  Read Full »

How to get rid of glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures. But, for the ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine to stop vision problem from antipsychotic medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old woman with bipolar disorder. I am taking Abilify 10 mg. I am experiencing vision issues (not blindness) that come every other day and stop only when I sleep. I used to take Artane for my vision problem that was caused by psychotic medicines, but Artane interacts wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So I understand that you are having ocular side effects with the use of abilify. There are a few ways to go about it. As you have mentioned that you are stable on the medication and functional, I would advise you to consult an opthalmologist and get a checkup done a...  Read Full »

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

My right eye is bigger than my left. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

Why do I have sudden blurry vision in the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44 year old female. Two weeks ago, I suddenly developed a blurry vision in the left eye. I have no pain and I never had any eye problems. I do not have anyone in the family who had this. I see no black or gray spots. I still see all the colors, but distorted. I went to the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to know the refractive error of your left eye and secondly, I request you to attach an image of the angiography of the last frame taken at five minutes. After seeing th...  Read Full »

Why do I see a spinning fan in my vision when I close my eyes?

Query: Hello doctor,Sometimes, if I take a nap or close my eyes, I see a fan-type rotating thing in my eyes which goes in one minute. If I close my eyes, I can see that. It is a black-colored fan-like thing rotating. Is this normal? I am myopic and my retina was tested last year.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, you may have experienced a certain physiological entity called "phosphene". This is nothing to worry about. I suggest that you see an ophthalmologist in case you have the following: Floaters which move around in your opened eye if incre...  Read Full »