Vision Problem

I can see only low white light. Will squint surgery help me?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. My left eye is not entirely blind, but if I watch a powerful light, I just see a low white light. This problem is about 23 years. Is it due to retinal detachment and it has become squint heavily. I repaired my detachment with scleral buckle nine months ago, and it...  Read Full »

Dr. Chandrashekhar Kale

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can undergo squint correction surgery in your left eye. However, this will purely be a cosmetic surgery. There will be no improvement in your left eye vision. Also, there will be a possibility of recurrence of squint in left eye after surgery, as the eye is almost bli...  Read Full »

After a paralysis attack, my uncle's right side vision is not perfect. Is this a permanent disability?

Query: Hello doctor,Four years ago, my uncle had a paralysis attack on the right side of the body. He has recovered now, except his right eye vision. He can clearly see straight and left, but not the right. He cannot see full 180 degrees. His age is 48 now. Is this a permanent disability or it can be cured...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stroke or paralysis results from hampered blood supply to the brain. Usually, the motor functions or muscle movements recover over time. However, the visual pathways are very slow to recover and recovery is suboptimal. So, the field defect that he has will persist and com...  Read Full »

What could cause throbbing pain on the right side of the head?

Query: Hi doctor, It started with a throbbing pain on the right side of my head. It was there for a couple of days and decreased on its own. After a few days, it was back at the same place along with pain around the right eye and temple. Please help me. I am a 24 year old male.  Read Full »

Dr. Deepak Patel

Child Health Specialist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concerns. Pain on the right side of the head, which lasted for a few days and now has recurred, could be due to a tension headache, migraine or decrease vision in the eye. You should relax and try to take less stress as this also result in a headac...  Read Full »

Will vision loss in a small kid progress with age?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 5.2 years old. She had redness in her eyes, so we took her to the eye clinic. The doctor examined and found she has 40% less vision in the right eye and 10% less vision in the left eye. Sometimes now, she complains of water image when seeing with the right eye. He has a...  Read Full »

Dr. Shachi Dwivedi

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Seeing the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your child has high astigmatism in the right eye leading to poor vision in that eye. The good thing is she has been diagnosed at the right age, so treatment is possible. Start here with glasse...  Read Full »

Is it possible to regain vision after a corneal injury?

Query: Hi doctor, My son, who is 6 years old, got an injury in the right cornea by a sharp pencil. The cornea was repaired with six stitches. After 18 days, cataract surgery was done. The next day morning after removing the patch, he saw clearly in open eye. But, from today, he could not see through his ri...  Read Full »

Dr. Shikha

General Practitioner, Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did he get any surgery for cornea, except sutures? Immediately after cataract surgery, it may be possible to see clearly. But, usually it takes around six weeks to regain vision. Keep using the drops. Do not worry. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmo...  Read Full »

How to treat nystagmus?

Query: Hi doctor,I am 21 years old. I have a problem of nystagmus from birth. Due to this, I have a problem to see far objects. Please give me some suggestions regarding the treatment of nystagmus. I have attached the prescriptions of my doctor.  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. According to your papers (attachment removed to protect patient identity), your vision is well maintained and you have a small refractive error. Nystagmus can be of various types based on its intensity and frequency. The management is decided by the intensity of nystagmus...  Read Full »

Does getting hit at the back of the head cause major vision problems?

Query: Hello doctor, Tonight, I was doing sit ups in a group. It was a competition, so we were doing them very quickly. One person was doing them behind me and we did not realize we were in such close proximity and we banged the back of our heads together pretty hard. I am not sure exactly where I got a hi...  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Neuro Surgeon, Neurologist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your question. If you have only localized pain that is a pain in the back of the head where you got hit, then nothing to worry about. You have not lost consciousness also and that is another sign that the hit was not a major one. Regarding loss of vision, tha...  Read Full »

Left eye starts watering when I see bright light. Why is it?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 26 year old male. I have noticed over the past several months, that I have been favoring my right eye more (monocular vision). My right eye is my dominant eye. I have been leaning in that direction to read. I can still see out of my left eye but the focus is from my right. I have s...  Read Full »

Dr. Anand

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the photographs (attachment removed to protect patient identity) of your eyes. It looks absolutely normal. Your symptoms appear to be related to eye fatigue and tiredness due to continuous reading.  Also there dominant eye can be changed with little e...  Read Full »

Why do I feel glowing spots while seeing through my left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I have noticed a glow on the right hand with my left eye. Could this be the light reflection or is this something I should get tested? My last eye test cancelled due to some reason. Kindly guide.  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Is the appearance of a glow radiating from the corner of the cornea? I had a look at the photo (attachment removed to protect patient identity). It is a little blurry, but it does look like an illumination from inside to the outside. I am n...  Read Full »

Can distorted vision happen as a later effect of Lasik surgery?

Query: Hello doctor, I see a distorted vision for the past one year. I see distorted shapes, especially when I tilt my head. Ten months ago, I visited my eye doctor. He did a dilated eye exam and said my eyes are normal. But I still see distortions. I had a lasik ten years ago. I can see clearly, but I al...  Read Full »

Dr. Asha Barboza

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have noted your history. You had lasik ten years ago. Are you sure you did not have any distortions in the image then or only for one year? What was your previous power before lasik? When lasik is done it flattens the cornea only for a certain diameter of the...  Read Full »