Vision Problem

How to get rid of glasses?

Query: Hi doctor, I am 24 years old. I have vision problem. I am unable to read books for more than half an hour. Also, I am not able to read for 10 minutes in computer. In my right eye the cylindrical power is -1 at axis 130 and in the left eye the cylindrical power was -0.75 at axis 40. What is the best ...  Read Full »

Dr. Asif Manzoor

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You have got astigmatism. It can be corrected by glasses or contact lenses. If you want to get rid of glasses, then there are different laser procedures like PRK (photorefractive keratectomy) or Femto-Lasik surgery. They are very safe and simple procedures. But, for the ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a medicine to stop vision problem from antipsychotic medicine.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 38-year-old woman with bipolar disorder. I am taking Abilify 10 mg. I am experiencing vision issues (not blindness) that come every other day and stop only when I sleep. I used to take Artane for my vision problem that was caused by psychotic medicines, but Artane interacts wi...  Read Full »

Dr. Ruhi Satija

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. So I understand that you are having ocular side effects with the use of abilify. There are a few ways to go about it. As you have mentioned that you are stable on the medication and functional, I would advise you to consult an opthalmologist and get a checkup done a...  Read Full »

Can pepper spray cause permanent damage?

Query: Hi doctor, Could an accidental use of pepper spray cause any permanent harm to eyes?  Read Full »

Dr. Vaibhev Mittal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Yes, it may cause permanent harm. But, the injury depends on the type of damage done to the eye. Otherwise, it can be washed immediately and get the treatment done to prevent any permanent damage. For further information consult an eye care ophthalmologist online -...  Read Full »

My right eye is bigger than my left. What to do?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 23 year old girl, who weighs 59 kg and I am 165 cm tall. In some of my pictures, my eyes do not look the same. The right eye is quite bigger than the left one, but my eye lens looks the same size. Are there any ways to solve this problem? Is there any side effects of this? My eye...  Read Full »

Dr. Alka

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is completely normal, as long as it does not interfere with your vision. Eyes have different parts like lens, sclera, iris, pupil, etc. As you have been talking about lens size that is a different thing, lens size has nothing to do with the overall eye size. You can...  Read Full »

Why do I have sudden blurry vision in the left eye?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 44 year old female. Two weeks ago, I suddenly developed a blurry vision in the left eye. I have no pain and I never had any eye problems. I do not have anyone in the family who had this. I see no black or gray spots. I still see all the colors, but distorted. I went to the doct...  Read Full »

Dr. Priyanka Agarwal

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the images (attachment removed to protect patient identity). Firstly, I would like to know the refractive error of your left eye and secondly, I request you to attach an image of the angiography of the last frame taken at five minutes. After seeing th...  Read Full »

Why do I see a spinning fan in my vision when I close my eyes?

Query: Hello doctor,Sometimes, if I take a nap or close my eyes, I see a fan-type rotating thing in my eyes which goes in one minute. If I close my eyes, I can see that. It is a black-colored fan-like thing rotating. Is this normal? I am myopic and my retina was tested last year.  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you have mentioned, you may have experienced a certain physiological entity called "phosphene". This is nothing to worry about. I suggest that you see an ophthalmologist in case you have the following: Floaters which move around in your opened eye if incre...  Read Full »

I see a transparent floater and light flashes at the edge of visual field. How many days can I wait to see my doctor?

Query: Hello doctor, About six hours ago, I started seeing a transparent floater which I had not seen before, and then three hours later, I started seeing light flashes at the edge of my visual field in my left eye. Can I wait for three more days to see my doctor?  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have access to an ophthalmologist on this weekend, then get a thorough retinal evaluation with indentation done. The symptoms you are describing are consistent with posterior vitreous detachment, a process which by itself does not cause a decrease in vision. ...  Read Full »

Is laser treatment better than wearing specs for vision problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to know to weather the laser treatment is better than continuing specs for vision. What would be the drawbacks of laser treatment, is it very complicated?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This is quite a common question youngsters ask. The best answer to this is it depends on you and your daily activities, profession, and lifestyle, etc. For example, if you want to take up professional sports, modeling, enjoy adventure sports, few jobs in the armed fo...  Read Full »

What causes shaky hands and numb toes while walking?

Query: Hi doctor, I had my first appointment with a neurologist this week. I am a 21 year old student. The past several years I have been dealing with shaky hands, worse on my left side, that has continuously gotten worse. I also have hypothyroidism and had hoped that as my thyroid balanced out, the shaki...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your history is suggestive of neurological issues with very less possibility of anxiety. Following are the possibilities that I can think of : Amylotropic lateral sclerosis (ALS). Multiple sclerosis. Young onset Parkinson's disease. Parkinson's plus syndrome. ...  Read Full »

What are the treatment measures for myopia?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 20 years old and I have myopia (-3,50 ). I always avoided smoking, lived a healthy lifestyle and ate a balanced diet but my vision just got worse. I just became worried about my vision. What else can I do to stop this progress?  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concerns. I want to assure you that such myopic progression is quite common at a young age such as in your case. This is mainly because of the exponential growth and development of all the parts of your body at this stage of life. I can confirm that...  Read Full »