Q. I have gray vision with no findings in CT scan. Please help.

Dr. Julie Hwang

I have gray areas in my vision. I searched for the symptoms and it is not eye floaters. It is more like parts of my vision are covered in gray. I took a CT scan but it did not show anything.

#

You mentioned that parts of your vision are covered in gray in each eye, and that if you are looking with both eyes, it is not a problem. I am wondering if it is in the same spot in each eye (for example, right in the middle of your vision in both eyes).

If it were floaters, the spots would move slightly with eye movement, when you look around. It seems like this is not the issue. However, you should probably have your eyes dilated to see if there are problems with your retina(s).

It could also be an ocular migraine, where there are vision changes but no actual headache. These are usually temporary and may have to do with stress.

My best suggestion would be for you to seek an eye doctor for them to do a test to check your peripheral vision, called visual field testing. This would best find out where the grey areas are and what it could possibly mean.

Visual field testing (peripheral and central). Pupil dilation to check the retina.

Floaters. Scotomas/visual field loss. Ocular migraine.

Seek an eye doctor to perform dilation to make sure the retina is intact. Also perform visual field testing to find out exactly where the grey areas are.

|