Visual Field Analysis

Please diagnose and interpret the eye test findings.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a case file and I would like you to diagnose it and do the interpretation for each test and case history. I have uploaded a PDF file with all the tests and the questions that I want you to answer.  Read Full »

Dr. Kartik Panikkar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through the reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). I will now sequentially explain the results of each test to you. The stereoscopic images of the right eye fundus and optic disc show an area of darkening inferiorly, suggestive of a re...  Read Full »

I have floaters. Should I worry about my vision?

Query: Hi doctor, I have eye floaters. There is no family history of glaucoma. I do not smoke or drink and also not eating non-vegetarian foods at present. My eye pressure in both the eyes are 18 to 20 mmHg. My floater eight years ago after severe eye infection from welding light radiation. There is no OVD...  Read Full »

Dr. Zubair A Shaikh

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have checked your OCT - optical coherence tomography report (attachment removed to protect patient identity) and it appears normal. You have not mentioned your vision? If your vision is also normal, then I think your eyes are healthy. Floaters can also be innocent floa...  Read Full »

Will I have glaucoma as I have borderline changes in my RNFL reports?

Query: Hi doctor, My ophthalmologist had detected a suspicion of glaucoma more in my right eye compared to the left eye and have optical nerve cupping of 0.4 in left and 0.6 cupping in the right. I had undergone LASIK surgery before six months. In tonometry, I had IOP around 17 (puff test). My report for ...  Read Full »

Dr. Manjunath Natarajan

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have gone through attachment (attachment removed to protect patient identity). As you have already said, there are few variations in your OCT (optical coherence tomography) RNFL (retinal nerve fiber layer) test more on the right eye compared to the left. So, you are a...  Read Full »

Can you compare two images of fundus and tell me if there is progression?

Query: Hello doctor,I need comparison analysis of two fundus photos to check if they are/are not showing signs of progression. Patient is on Xalatan, Timolol, and Dortas.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From the photographs, there seems to be a very slight progression (attachment removed to protect patient identity). But to come to a conclusion based on fundus photographs alone would be incorrect. One of the most accurate ways to judge progression is field analys...  Read Full »

Optic disc was smaller than normal. Is a visual field test necessary?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 70 year old male. I just moved to a new area and found a new ophthalmologist, and he said my optic disc was smaller than normal, and he recommended a visual field test, to get a baseline, should it be needed for the future. I called my ophthalmologist for the previous two decad...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The spectrum of the disc and the cup size is hugely variable in people. The size of the optic disc is not the only determining factor. The size of the cup, average rim size and pattern, nerve fiber pattern, and intraocular pressure, are together taken into conside...  Read Full »

Why is there weird formation of characters in front of my eyes?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 46-year-old woman. I have floaters in my eyes that mostly occur when I wake up in the morning but these floaters are not just wiggly lines, these are characters. They take the form of animals or a marching band or cartoon characters. They have been happening for approximately o...  Read Full »

Dr. Thilanka Kashyapa Perera

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You cannot call them floaters according to your description. Those are formed hallucinations. First, you have to know whether there is any organic abnormality like parietal lobe lesions in your brain affecting the visual pathway. I think you should undergo full vis...  Read Full »

Are my eye pressure values normal?

Query: Hello doctor, I went to see my optician and my left eye had an IOP of 22 and the right had 20. These seem to be the average numbers going back six years at two-year intervals. He dilated the eyes and inspected and took photos of the optic nerves. He said everything looked healthy and said to come b...  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The pressure readings you told me are within normal limits. Since the ophthalmologist you saw did a detailed fundus examination and told you everything was fine and also your fields are fine. So, I think you do not have anything to worry about. Also if nobody ...  Read Full »

Following paralysis, my uncle's right side vision is not clear. How to improve that?

Query: Hello doctor,Four years ago, my uncle had a paralysis attack on the right side of the body. He has recovered now, except his right eye vision. He can clearly see straight and left, but not the right. He cannot see full 180 degrees. His age is 48 now. Is this a permanent disability or it can be cured...  Read Full »

Dr. Pooja Bandivadekar

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stroke or paralysis results from hampered blood supply to the brain. Usually, the motor functions or muscle movements recover over time. However, the visual pathways are very slow to recover and recovery is suboptimal. So, the field defect that he has will persist and com...  Read Full »