Visual Impairment

What does MRI with air bubble in sphenoid sinus indicate?

Query: Hello doctor, I have six weeks of ongoing problem with throbbing pain around the nasal bone, headache at the top of my head and visual disturbances. MRI showed air bubble in the sphenoid sinus. What should be my next step now? I had a sudden onset, nasal pain accompanied with visual problems (not ...  Read Full »

Dr. Rohan S. Navelkar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Considering that it is a sudden onset, it seems like something you should not ignore. It seems like you are suffering from a complication of chronic sinusitis. Pain near the nasal bone and headache are symptoms of sinusitis. Since the nerve that supplies the eye pas...  Read Full »

Are periodic headache with visual disturbance signs of migraine?

Query: Hello doctor, I have had periodic headaches that I thought were tension headaches throughout my adult life. Sometimes they are every day for two weeks and sometimes I go a few weeks with nothing. I always seem to have some type of tension in my upper back, shoulders and neck which I felt was the c...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I passed carefully through your question and would explain that you are not at an increased risk of stroke, considering the frequency of your migraines with aura. The tension headache, which is more frequent is not a risk factor for stroke. So, considering the f...  Read Full »

What is hereditary macular degeneration?

Query: Hello doctor, What is HMD (hereditary macular degeneration) and what is the maximum possible impact of this disease in future on a person? Can this disease make one blind?  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. HMD (hereditary macular degeneration) is a broad term given to a group of diseases that mainly affect the retina by deposition of some kind of material in between the retinal layers. These are genetic diseases. Though I have not seen anybody going completely blind ...  Read Full »