Q. I am having vitamin D deficiency and liver enlargement. What to do?

Published on Oct 12, 2019

As per the lab report, I have vitamin D deficiency. USG report says liver enlargement and PFT says moderate lung disease. Please help me to understand the reports.

Cardiology General Medicine Internal Medicine
#

I have gone through your reports. (attachments removed to protect patient's identity).

Except for vitamin D, the rest is fine.

I suggest you to take tablet Uprise D3 60,000 units (Cholecalciferol) once a week with milk for eight weeks.

I want to know about the liver enlargement and PFT test.

What is moderate lung disease in PFT?

#

Regarding the elevated SGPT (serum glutamic pyruvic transaminase), which is due to fatty liver. So, you need to have healthy lifestyle. Avoid fatty, oily, and high-calorie diet. Do regular exercises at least 30 minutes a day. Try to achieve a normal weight if you are overweight.

PFT (pulmonary function test) shows moderate restriction, which is likely due to your poor efforts.

Do yoga and deep breathing exercise. Practice blowing in a hollow pipe and do the test again.

If repeat PFT also shows a similar pattern, which is unlikely, then you may need CT (computed tomography) scan.

Can you please suggest a medicine for indigestion and acidity. If I belch, it is sour and pain from inside. I am having this problem for a long time.

#

You have liver enlargement- fatty liver grade I and raised SGPT levels.

Do not worry about vitamin D insufficiency.

Take low-fat milk and milk product. I suggest you Shelcal HD- 1 tablet daily for one or two months.

Your cholesterol level is high.

I recommend daily walking for 45 minutes and avoid fatty, fried, oily foods.

Restrict your daily oil intake for about 20 ml per day. It will reduce the cholesterol levels and improve your fatty liver, which is due to excessive intake of fat and oily foods.

Consume plenty of fresh fruits, green vegetables, and whole grains. Stop smoking if you are so.

You have some problems with lung function. Consult a specialist for detailed clinical examination. Avoid stress.

Thank you doctor.

Will taking Heptagon cure fatty liver?

Query: Hello doctor, I am suffering with fatty liver grade 2. My age is 28 years and weight is 72 kg. I am taking a medicine called Heptagon for the last two months which was given by my local doctor. I just want to know how much day it will take to cure my disease? And also any advice for me for fast re...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The fatty liver cannot be treated by medications alone. You are taking Multivitamin tablet according to history. Kindly post photo of your medication to check its content. For fatty liver, Udiliv 300 mg daily can be useful. I suggest you take low fat diet and regular...  Read Full

I am 24-years-old and I have vitamin deficiency. Please suggest me good routine and medicines.

Query: Hello doctor, I am 24 years old male. I have vitamin d deficiency 15.07 NG/Ml, testosterone 915.47 NG/Dl, bilirubin - total 1.7 MG/Dl, aspartate aminotransferase (Sgot) 42.6 u/L, and platelet count 120 x 10³ / Μl. How sick I am? Please suggest me good routine and medicines.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to the icliniq.com. I need to know your clinical complaint if present to comment further. For your low vitamin D level, Calci D like a tablet or cholecalciferol containing sachet with milk once a week for eight weeks, can be prescribed. The sachet contains 60000 IU in each pack. You...  Read Full

Are vitamin D deficiency and tingling in the mouth related?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 33 year old male. I am from prickling, numbness, warm sensation in my feet and hands and tingling in my lips and mouth for the past two years. I had a severe cough for around two years and recently, it got resolved. My issue, initially started with prickling and burning sensations ...  Read Full >>

Dr. Divakara P

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your problem still could be due to a nerve problem, even though your NCV test is normal (nerve conduction velocity). Also, you might be having calcium deficiency, which is very common associated with vitamin D deficiency. I suggest you calcium supplements like tablet S...  Read Full