Q. What should I do to bring my reports to the normal range?

Dr. Pawar Satyajit Jalinder
This is a premium question & answer published on Mar 07, 2018 and last reviewed on: Nov 03, 2022

I did my body checkup. I found that some of the reports are not in the normal range. So, I just want to know if I need to check further for some diseases. What should I do to bring it to the normal range? Currently, I am very normal.

The following are not in the normal range:

1. Total RBC: 6.05 X 10^6 /μL Range: 4.5-5.5.
  2. Mean corpuscular volume (MCV) 81.2 fL Range: 83-101.
  3. Mean corpuscular hemoglobin (MCH) 26.8 pq Range: 27-32.
  4. Red cell distribution width - SD (RDW-SD) 37.1 fL Range: 39-46.
  5. Platelet distribution width (PDW) 15.3 fL Range: 9.6-15.2.

You can even check the report file. Thanks.

#

I have just gone through your reports (attachments removed to protect patient identity).

I do not think you have to worry much. The only thing that looks abnormal is vitamin D levels which are low, possibly due to sedentary lifestyle and less sun exposure and obesity/overweight which are common causes. That can be corrected with simple Vitamin D capsules of 60,000 IU given weekly for eight weeks.

I would be happy to help you further if you have any questions.

|