Get E-Book on COVID-19

Q. Please let me know the findings of my blood report.

Answered by
Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
and medically reviewed by iCliniq medical review team.
This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

Hi doctor,

I am 43 years old. I feel weak, body pain and headache during menstrual cycle. Also feeling like depression. My height is 5 feet 2 inches and my weight is 74 kg. I have attached my recent blood test report. Please let me know the findings from the blood report. Thank you.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari

General Medicine Internal Medicine


Welcome to

Let me help you to deal with your problems.

  • The complaints you said of weakness and body pains are general and not related to any specific entity. They are suggestive of low general health condition and will show improvement with medications.
  • Coming to your blood reports, most of them are normal. I am commenting only on abnormal ones.
  • Serum HDL (high-density lipoprotein) is on the lower side. HDL is good cholesterol that protects us from heart attacks. There are no medications to increase HDL, only by exercise HDL will improve.
  • Vitamin D levels are low. Normally vitamin D is synthesized in our body when we get exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D deficiency does not have any specific symptoms. It is important for general body health. So, you need to take medications for that.
  • Vitamin B12 deficiency: Your vitamin B12 levels are low, normally this is found in strict vegetarian as it is found only in foods of animal origin.
  • If you eat non-vegetarian foods and still if you have this it may be because of presence of worms in the intestine or your intestine is not absorbing B12. You need to take medicines for this and repeat it after four months.
  • If it is not improving even after oral supplementation then we instruct you to take intramuscular (IM) injections for the same. Again mild deficiency does not have specific symptoms.
  • Severe deficiency presents with low hemoglobin as it is need for production of blood.
  • HbA1c is 6. But, you did not mention whether you are a diabetic or not. If you are a diabetic then it is very good.
  • If you are not a diabetic then this indicates prediabetes, which means there is risk of developing diabetes in future. This does not need medicines. You only need lifestyle changes.

Investigations to be done:

Repeat vitamin B12 after four months. Also check ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) as it was not done before.

Probable diagnosis:

1. Vitamin B12 deficiency.
2. Vitamin D deficiency.
3. Prediabetes.
4. Overweight (metabolic syndrome).

Treatment plan:

1. Cholecalciferol 60,000 IU once a week for four weeks
2. Tablet Vitara (Vitamin B12 1500 mcg plus Folic acid 5 mg) once daily in the afternoon for two months.
3. Tablet Zentel (Albendazole) 400 mg one tablet at night for three days.
4. Ointment Oxalgin Nanogel (Diclofenac) for local application over the site of joint pain.

Preventive measures:

Avoid oil foods and junk items.

Regarding follow up:

Revert back with after four months to a general medicine physician online.--->

Was this answer helpful?


Related Questions:
My 6 year old daughter is very weak and refuses to eat. Can I give her Albendazole?
I had given a wrong dosage of Albendazole to my baby. Is there a problem?
How to reduce TG/HDL ratio?

This is a sponsored Ad. icliniq or icliniq doctors do not endorse the content in the Ad.

Consult by PhoneConsult by Phone Video ChatVideo Chat
Also Read Answers From:

Comprehensive Medical Second Opinion.Submit your Case

Related Questions & Answers

What measures should I take for deranged triglycerides and HDL?

Query: Hi doctor, My cholesterol is 170, triglycerides are 293, HDL 24 and LDL 107, non-HDL cholesterol 143. What measures should I take and when should I repeat my test?  Read Full »

Can vitamin deficiency cause muscle twitching?

Query: Hi doctor, Before a week, I began having twitches and tingling in both legs from the knee down. For some time now, probably 6 months or more, I also began feeling that my legs were heavy and just general weakness all over, not really muscle weakness. I am also a gastric bypass patient and have a his...  Read Full »

Which vitamin to take for premature ejaculation?

Query: Hi doctor,I did a test. I got my results that my erection transmitter is 2.99, testosterone is 4.459. vitamins E, K, and C are also slightly low. Could this be the reason I have premature ejaculation? At times, I also have a weak erection after one ejaculation. What should I take to treat these? Tha...  Read Full »

Also Read

Can naked body to body massage spread HIV?
Hello doctor, I recently had some business trip during which I had some naked body to body massage wherein massager vag...  Read more»
Are COVID-19 Patients Infectious for up to 90 Days After Recovery?
There have been reports of recovered COVID-19 patients getting reinfected and testing positive for almost 3 months. Read...  Read more»
Crohn's Disease
Crohn's disease causes inflammation of the digestive tract, which results in symptoms like severe diarrhea, stomach pain...  Read more»

Ask your health query to a doctor online?

Ask a General Medicine Physician Now

* guaranteed answer within 4 hours.

Disclaimer: All health Q&As published on this website is not intended to be a substitute for professional medical diagnosis, advice or treatment by a trained physician. Seek the advice from your physician or other qualified health-care providers with questions you may have regarding your symptoms and medical condition for a complete medical diagnosis. Do not delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice because of something you have read on this website.