Q. Please let me know the findings of my blood report.

Dr. Naresh Kumar Monigari
This is a premium question & answer published on May 15, 2016 and last reviewed on: Feb 27, 2020

I am 43 years old. I feel weak, body pain and headache during menstrual cycle. Also feeling like depression. My height is 5 feet 2 inches and my weight is 74 kg. I have attached my recent blood test report. Please let me know the findings from the blood report. Thank you.

#

Let me help you to deal with your problems.

• The complaints you said of weakness and body pains are general and not related to any specific entity. They are suggestive of low general health condition and will show improvement with medications.
  • Coming to your blood reports, most of them are normal. I am commenting only on abnormal ones.
  • Serum HDL (high-density lipoprotein) is on the lower side. HDL is good cholesterol that protects us from heart attacks. There are no medications to increase HDL, only by exercise HDL will improve.
  • Vitamin D levels are low. Normally vitamin D is synthesized in our body when we get exposed to sunlight. Vitamin D deficiency does not have any specific symptoms. It is important for general body health. So, you need to take medications for that.
  • Vitamin B12 deficiency: Your vitamin B12 levels are low, normally this is found in strict vegetarian as it is found only in foods of animal origin.
  • If you eat non-vegetarian foods and still if you have this it may be because of presence of worms in the intestine or your intestine is not absorbing B12. You need to take medicines for this and repeat it after four months.
  • If it is not improving even after oral supplementation then we instruct you to take intramuscular (IM) injections for the same. Again mild deficiency does not have specific symptoms.
  • Severe deficiency presents with low hemoglobin as it is need for production of blood.
  • HbA1c is 6. But, you did not mention whether you are a diabetic or not. If you are a diabetic then it is very good.
  • If you are not a diabetic then this indicates prediabetes, which means there is risk of developing diabetes in future. This does not need medicines. You only need lifestyle changes.

Repeat vitamin B12 after four months. Also check ESR (erythrocyte sedimentation rate) as it was not done before.

1. Vitamin B12 deficiency.
2. Vitamin D deficiency.
3. Prediabetes.
4. Overweight (metabolic syndrome).

1. Cholecalciferol 60,000 IU once a week for four weeks
2. Tablet Vitara (Vitamin B12 1500 mcg plus Folic acid 5 mg) once daily in the afternoon for two months.
3. Tablet Zentel (Albendazole) 400 mg one tablet at night for three days.
4. Ointment Oxalgin Nanogel (Diclofenac) for local application over the site of joint pain.

Avoid oil foods and junk items.

Revert back with after four months to a general medicine physician online.---> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/general-medicine-physician

|