Q. I found a blue sack in my vomit with a grainy white powder in the middle. Is it a blood clot?

Dr. S D Sinha

Im a 20 year old female, 5’9, 257 lbs. I have been feeling sick starting at 6pm day, and its 1:30am now. My symtoms are feeling shakey, nausea, headache, and diarrhea. I just made myself throw up to see if I would feel better, and I found a blue sack in my vomit with a white, almost grainy powder in the middle. I havent eaten any candy or anything that resembles the blue sack in weeks. It almost felt like a blood clot on the outside. I took acetaminophen and ibuprofen today but that was after I started feeling ill.

Dr. S D Sinha

Family Physician Infectious Diseases
# Thanks for your query.
The best way to know whether you have any blood clots are to get yourself investigated with tests at a nearby hospital.
Meanwhile, let's focus on your other issues such as nausea & vomiting. I will need answers to the following questions. It will help in further diagnoses.
1. please let know if you have taken any medicines already or are on any existing treatments.
2. Do you have any existing illnesses?
3. Vomiting--
A) Number of episodes, any earlier episode in the foreseeable oast, any associated symptoms associated with the vomiting e.g., abdominal pain, headache
B) Coloured vomiting could also happen due to biliary diseases such as biliary obstruction. Therefore, do you have any past h/o gall bladder infection, gall bladder stones etc.
C) Do you consume alcohol? If so, how many times a day?

The following are the recommendations-
1. Tests-
USG (abdomen /pelvis),
Blood--Complete blood picture, Liver function tests (SGOT, SGPT, Serum Bilirubin), Renal function tests (Serum Creatinine)
2. Treatment-
T. Famotidine 20mg 1 tablet twice daily for 7 days
Cap Saccharomyces Boulardi 250mg 1 capsule twice daily for 7 days
T. Domperidone 10mg 1 tablet thrice daily for 7 days

The above medicines are generic names. There may be brands available in your country. You can use any reputed brand containing these medicines.

|