iCliniq logo

Ask a Doctor Online Now

HomeAnswersGeneral MedicinevomitingWhile vomiting, I am getting some tissues along with the vomitus. Why?

I am getting some tissues while vomiting. Why?

The following is an actual conversation between an iCliniq user and a doctor that has been reviewed and published as a Premium Q&A.

Medically reviewed by

Dr. Nithila. A

Published At October 7, 2019
Reviewed AtAugust 28, 2023

Patient's Query

I am suffering from vomiting, and when the vomit came out, with vomit some tissue also came out from my mouth. And now, I am feeling something held into my throat. Please help.

If you are suffering from vomiting for a long time, you should do some examinations and consult a gastroenterologist. A fibrogastroscopy (endoscopy of your upper gastrointestinal tract), is needed to determine the pathology. If you have had a history of intermittent stomach pain or ulcers or if you have bleeding in your vomits or stools, you also have to go to the ER and consult your gastroenterologist. If none of the things mentioned above have happened, do not worry. Take antiemetic drugs such as Metoclopramide, and antacids such as Omeprazole, and have light meals with soups and plenty of liquids.

Same symptoms don't mean you have the same problem. Consult a doctor now!

Dr. Erioli Braholli
Dr. Erioli Braholli

General Surgery

Community Banner Mobile
By subscribing, I agree to iCliniq's Terms & Privacy Policy.

Read answers about:

endoscopyvomiting

Ask your health query to a doctor online

General Medicine

*guaranteed answer within 4 hours

This website uses cookies to ensure you get the best experience on our website. iCliniq privacy policy