Q. I am getting some tissues while vomiting. Why?

Dr. Eriol Braholli
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Oct 07, 2019

I am suffering from vomiting, and when the vomit came out, with vomit some tissue also came out from my mouth. And now, I am feeling something held into my throat. Please help.

Dr. Eriol Braholli

General Medicine General Surgery Internal Medicine
#

If you are suffering from vomiting for a long time, you should do some examinations and consult a gastroenterologist. A fibrogastroscopy (endoscopy of your upper gastrointestinal tract), is needed to determine the pathology. If you have had a history of intermittent stomach pain or ulcers or if you have bleeding in your vomits or stools, you also have to go to the ER and consult your gastroenterologist. If none of the things mentioned above have happened, do not worry. Take antiemetic drugs such as Metoclopramide, antacids such as Omeprazole and have light meals with soups and plenty of liquids.

My heart is beating faster after endoscopy using local anesthetic spray. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, It was over two weeks ago I had my endoscopy. It was not sedated but they gave me the local anesthetic spray but after I had my endoscopy I feel like my heart is beating faster than normal and I feel like my nerves or you can say muscle are like twitching or throbbing and I went to so...  Read Full >>

Dr. Balaramareddy
Anesthesiologist, General Practitioner

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Local anesthesia toxicity can happen if the spray is used at high concentrations. Usually, they will have 10 percent Lignocaine spray. They can spray maximum 300 mg of drug but for your procedure, definetly they will use less, do not worry. The other symptoms you had a...  Read Full

Could vomiting cause prominence of the vessels of sclera?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 21 year old female. I was bulimic for about a year. It happens once or twice a week. I never noticed any permanent changes in my eyes throughout my episodes. However, the last time I ever binged and purged three months ago, I vomited violently. A few weeks after this, I noticed tha...  Read Full >>

Dr. Shikha
Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I can understand your concern regarding your complaints. Do you have any pain in your eyes or developed any problem in vision in that duration? Is it associated with any redness? It would have been of help if you have sent a recent photograph of both of your eyes. Ke...  Read Full

Can you help interpret my endoscopy results?

Query: Hello doctor, My endoscopy shows microscopy A and B - Mucosa of the gastric body and antrum exhibiting mature typical glandular epithelium, areas of mild interstitial edema, focal hyperemia alongside rare inactivated lymphocytes in the lamina. An absence of intestinal metaplasia. An absence of baci...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. This term simply indicates there is a little inflammation in your lamina that is part of your stomach. Hyperemia means there is an increase in the blood flow around the area in lieu of inflammation. As such, there is no infection based on your reports. Lymphocytes ...  Read Full