Q. What are the different types of pneumonia?

I was diagnosed with walking pneumonia six days ago and was on antibiotics for ten days. My current medications include Quinapril, Zoloft, and Levaquin. How long is walking pneumonia contagious?

#

The duration varies according to the type of pneumonia. Do you know which type of pneumonia you had? Was it due to COVID-19?

Thank you doctor for the reply,

It was not due to COVID-19. I guess it was bacterial because I was given an antibiotic. I was only told that it was walking pneumonia.

#

It is difficult to comment on anything because there are different types of bacteria. Usually, for community-acquired pneumonia, the patient remains non-contagious for seven to ten days from the first day of onset of symptoms. Therefore, I suggest that you complete the course of antibiotics, and if your symptoms subside, you are not contagious. However, if your symptoms persist, further testing should be performed to confirm the type of bacteria before concluding. I hope this helps.

|