Q. Why do I have pain in my thighs and neck with some marks in both my legs after walking?

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

I am having intense pain in my thighs for the past two days. It happened after doing heavy work and walking for two days. I noticed some marks in both my legs, and I also have neck pain.

Kindly help.

#

I can understand your concern.

Walking too much suddenly can cause pain, especially when you are not used to it. It would help if you slowly increase the pace and distance of walking over weeks. The red rash on your legs are due to vasculitis. In your case, it is exercise-induced vasculitis which is nothing but inflammation of blood vessels. It happens in people who do vigorous exercise or start walking suddenly, especially in sunlight and humid weather conditions.

I suggest you use moisturizer cream over the rash, apply ice packs, and keep your leg elevated to get relief from pain. Kindly avoid walking in sunlight and do not force yourself to walk beyond your comfort level, especially in sunlight and humid weather. Drink plenty of water.

Take care.

|