Warning Signs Of Stroke

Can Right-Sided Facial Numbness Be Due To A Stroke On The Left Side Of The Brain?

Query: Hello doctor, If the stroke has occurred in the left side of the brain, we know the patient's right side of the body would be weak and numb. But when the patient's right side of the face is also numb, is this also because of the stroke on the left side of the brain?     Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Strokes on the left side of the brain will cause weakness in the right side of the body and right facial weakness. Please let me know if you have any other questions. For more information consult a neurologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-on...  Read Full »

May I know the reason for slurred speech in a paralyzed person?

Query: Hi doctor,My dad has been paralyzed for three years now. He was fine, but suddenly his speech is not clear. We cannot understand what he says. May I know why this has happened?  Read Full »

Dr. Talal Hussain

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Paralyzed patients have a tendency to get stroke when they have already had it. This could be a recurrence of stroke and the patient should be taken to a hospital as a CT scan without contrast needs to be done to know if he has again developed a stroke. If he has had a...  Read Full »

Kindly suggest treatment for someone who had TIA for two hours.

Query: Hello doctor, My father had a TIA for two hours nearly four months ago where he could not understand what was going around him and had some difficulties with walking. He was released from the hospital after five days. Before this, he had a fever. His CRP level was also 2.328 and he was taking Atorv...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. TIA (transient ischemic attack) for more than 60 minutes in a hypertensive and diabetic patient is a very serious sign that could lead to a stroke. I suggest you control your blood pressure and blood glucose with medications with regular followup. I suggest you tak...  Read Full »

Are my mother's symptoms indicative of a stroke or something serious?

Query: Hi doctor, My 58 years old mother is under treatment for hypothyroidism, hypertension, osteoarthritis of knee joints, and mild anemia. Her hemoglobin is 10.5 to 11.0 g/dL. She is currently on the following medicines, Eltroxin 50 mcg, Olmezest 20 mg, Gemcal D3, Uprise XT, and Folvite. Six months back...  Read Full »

Dr. Shivam Om Mittal

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thank you for your question. You have described your mother's symptoms very well. The "reeling in the head and shaking" with change is position or posture is a typical symptom of orthostatic hypotension. There is an easy bedside test that you could also perform. Check blo...  Read Full »

Why did my father develop slurred speech two days back?

Query: Hi doctor, My 70 year old father has developed slurred speech from two days. He has diabetes, benign prostate hypertrophy, and history of vascular dementia. He does not have weakness, paralysis, or numbness. He does not have hypertension or any cardiac disease. He refused to do a CT scan in the ER....  Read Full »

Dr. Hitesh Kumar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. In a patient, having risk factors, like diabetes mellitus and acute onset slurring of speech, it raises the possibility of developing an acute stroke. Though there may be other causes too. I would suggest undergoing the following tests: MRI of the brain or NCCT (non-...  Read Full »

I had two episodes of high BP and fall. Am I at the risk of stroke?

Query: Hi doctor, I had a stroke two weeks ago. Today morning, when I got up off the table, I nearly fell twice and had trouble speaking. My BP was 220/110 mmHg. They took me to ER and the telemetry unit. I got an MRI with contrast this morning. Am I having a stroke?  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query with keen interest and understand your concerns. The onset of problems in the early morning, blood pressure in a range which can cause stroke and difficulty in speaking along with two falls point towards the high possibility of stroke. The ...  Read Full »