Q. I am having painless pimples in my groin area. What are they?

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya
Published on Dec 14, 2019

In my groin area, there are some pimples, but there is no pain in that area. I feel uneasy. I am using Zincoderm ointment. I have attached the photos. Kindly help.

Dr. Yelamanchili Alekhya

#

I have seen the pictures. (attachment removed to protect patient identity).

I have gone through your query and understood your concerns. In my opinion, the picture you have sent may be either warts or molluscum. As both mentioned diseases are contagious you must be careful from now onwards. If you have a weak immune system then it will take time to go away. I would like to suggest you go to a dermatologist once so that they can scrap the area and see that in a microscope. For now, I will prescribe one ointment that is Imiquimod cream. Use this cream three days a week (Monday, Wednesday, and Friday).

To use the cream, follow these steps:

Wash your hands.

Wash the area to be treated with mild soap and water and allow it to dry.

Apply a thin layer of cream to the area to be treated, just before going to sleep.

Rub the cream into the skin until it disappears.

Wash your hands.

Leave the cream on the area for six to ten hours. Do not bathe, shower, or swim during this time and no sexual contact at this time. After the treatment time is over, wash the area with mild soap and water to remove any cream. If there are any side effects with that cream contact your dermatologist.

| 

What could these skin tag like bumps be due to?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter has two skin tag like bumps on her skin near the underwear line. She has had them for several months now and not getting bigger in size. It has been of the same size since it appeared. She does not have any pain or itching. She does not complain about them. But,...  Read Full »

Corns, Callosities, and Plantar Warts

Article Overview: If the skin on your feet feels hard, rough, dry, and painful while walking, it might be corn or callosities. Reach out to a doctor now. Read Article

Definition of Corns and callosities Corns and callosities refer to the localized thickenings of the skin that appear over sites of repeated trauma and pressure. Predisposing Factors Prolonged pressure. Friction. Shearing forces of bone against each other. Ill-fitting shoes. Clinical Featu...  Read Article

Do genital warts appear above the pubic area?

Query: Hi doctor, Do genital warts appear above the pubic area? I have attached the picture for your reference.  Read Full »