Q. I have prominent facial warts and two toned skin. Please help.

Dr. Dhepe Snehal Laul

I have facial warts and they are really prominent. I have two tone skin and sometimes my skin will be dry and sometimes it will be oily.

#

There is no attached photograph in your message. Kindly send a picture of the affected area to help you better. I need to see the affected area to assess the condition and suggest appropriate diagnosis and treatment.

I have attached the file.

#

The picture attached (attachment removed to protect the patient's identity) shows erythematous facial flushing (sensitive skin) with acne scars and post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation marks with Xanthelasma (lipid outgrowth). To know the exact cause, routine blood investigations like LFT (Liver function test), lipid profile, and hormonal assays need to be done.

Since when are there flare-ups? Any aggravation factors? Any history of atopy or allergies? Any history of photosensitivity? Prolong exposure to the sun? Hormonal imbalance fluctuations? Stress? History of popping or pricking pimples? Excess scratching and rubbing of lesions? Any oily or greasy cosmetic products use? Any steroid application in the past?

Apply Retino A (Tretinoin) 0.025% gel at night for ten days as it has peeling action in acne scars. Other options like derma fillers, collagen stimulation, laser resurfacing, dermarollers, etc., are the treatment of choice. Cosmetic procedures are very costly.

I do have environmental allergies and nickel allergies. My last LFT panel was normal, but I did have HPV warts on my finger in the past, and since then, I have these skin tags and warts on my face. I have pricked pimples on my face. My flare-up will appear on wearing wool or any clothing that has wool in it, animal fur and environmental pollution will cause flares on my skin. I do not apply much foundation for makeup because I start to sweat, and my skin gets oily, and I will only apply face powder. But in my cheeks, I have dry white patches, and at my nose, it gets oily.

#

Please get hormonal profile (FSH (follicle-stimulating hormone), LH (luteinizing hormone), testosterone, blood sugar, lipid profile) done to rule out the possible causes like PCOS (polycystic ovary syndrome). Practice safe sex. Avoid excess use of cosmetics or facials, steroid use. Avoid dairy products and food with a high glycemic index like refined carbohydrates, fatty foods, etc. Eat a well-balanced diet and exercise daily. Consult a nearby dermatologist for proper treatment. Attach laboratory investigation reports so I can guide you accordingly.

|