Water-soluble Vitamin

Recommended dose of Folic acid while planning for pregnancy

Query: Hi doctor, I am an epileptic patient and currently on Lamictal 200 mg twice a day. I am planning for pregnancy. I would like to know the dosage of Folic acid I should start.  Read Full »

Dr. Rajyaguru

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I suggest you tablet Folvite 5 mg of Folic acid one tablet per day. The recommended dose of folic acid is a controversial topic. Various doctors favor 1 mg to 5 mg per day. The best part is that the Folic acid has no side effects. It is a water-soluble vitamin and an ex...  Read Full »