Q. I am getting watery discharge from eyes. Could this be conjunctivitis?

Dr. Bharat Patodiya
This is a premium question & answer published on Nov 17, 2016 and last reviewed on: Nov 07, 2020

I have little white discharge from my eyes when I wake up. Could this be some form of conjunctivitis? If yes, what is the treatment? I have been washing my eyes with warm saline water for three days. After I wash, the eyes are normal and there is no redness during the day. The condition has improved, but still there is some discharge.

#

• If this is a recent onset and finding, then it could be conjunctivitis.
  • But, if you do not have other symptoms like pain, then it is likely to be pollution related. Try to change in your exposure to pollution.
  • You may continue the saline wash. Also, Olopatadine eye drop may be used for five days to reduce the discharge. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an internal medicine physician online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/internal-medicine-physician

|