Q. What can be done to treat watery eyes with runny nose in one-year-old?

Dr. Vishal Parmar

My son who is one-year-old is having watery right eye since yesterday morning. It is not watering continuously. It is like that yesterday morning after waking up today morning after waking up and today evening. Sometimes, along with watery eyes, runny nose is also there. Along with watering the eye is becoming red. Please suggest what to do.

#

Just follow advice. Clean eye from inside to outside with clean cotton or cloth. Instill Tobramycin eye drops one drop in each eye three times a day. Start syrup Cetirizine 5 ml once a day for five days. It may be due to some allergy or infection but it is still early to comment on a specific term. Wash eyes with clean water. Give follow up after two days.

|