Watery Diarrhea

I am experiencing diarrhea, weakness, and fever. Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, I am experiencing diarrhea, weakness, fever, and headaches. Whenever I drink or eat anything, I have loose motions. I feel this is a heat stroke. Can you please help?  Read Full »

Dr. Sujata Ganguly

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. This looks like a case of acute gastroenteritis. A few other information will be helpful. Your age? How long have you been having these symptoms? Any vomiting? Any other pre-existing illness or medications? Did you eat anything from outside? Were you exposed to the sun f...  Read Full »

Why do I have frequent stomach pain?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been having stomach pains. The pain has been on and off and has been ongoing for the past seven months with each period lasting for two weeks. The pain is on the left side, but does move to the middle. This happens immediately after eating. I have lost weight and appetite. My stool...  Read Full »

Dr. Eriol Braholli

Family Physician, General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, General Surgeon, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Stomach pain and watery stools are indicative for indigestion. Having these concerns for months means that it may be a chronic condition and some specific tests need to be done. Liver and pancreas function disorders may be responsible for that. So, you have to check li...  Read Full »

Why does anything I eat make my stool watery and upsets my stomach?

Query: Doctor everything is eat tends to upset my system, it causes me to stool(water) and sometimes when I have bowel movement I feel stomach pains. My stool has been watery for the past three months,went to the hospital did a stool test n the report was worm infection which I was given medications but to...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajeet Kumar Lohana

Answer: Dear, I can understand your frustration while having such problem for so long. I have reviewed your history, but before jumping to tell you treatment, I would like to know your current body weight? and have you lost your weight for last 6 months? I also want to know what you do for living? How m...  Read Full »

I have watery diarrhea 20 times a day. Please help.

Query: Dear doctor, For four days, I have very watery diarrhea, cramps, and nausea. Vomiting only twice. Yesterday, I was prescribed Levofloxacin 500 mg for four days. Now, after 24 hours of taking the first pill, there is no improvement. Diarrhea is 20 times a day very watery. I take electrolytes and lots...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahmoud Ahmed Abelrahman Abouibrahim

Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner, General Medicine Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From what you mentioned, most likely you have acute gastroenteritis. Ciprofloxacin is a very good antibiotic for gastroenteritis. You have to complete a four-day course at least. It may take few days before you see a good result. I suggest: Continue taking plent...  Read Full »

Why do I have diarrhea after eating spicy food?

Query: Hello doctor, A few days back, I ate lots of green chili pakoras with green chutney. I am not really used to such pakoras but, I ended up eating them anyway. From the next day, I started feeling a burning sensation inside the stomach and, then started the loose motions. I have been to the loo nea...  Read Full »

Dr. Saravan Pramod Settipalli

General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your query and understood your concern. Your symptoms are suggestive of indigestion and acute gastritis, which causes a constant discomfort or a burning sensation in your stomach. The duration of diarrhea can vary. Once the underlying cause is tre...  Read Full »

How to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease?

Query: Hello doctor, My 6 year old daughter was born with tyrosinemia type 1. She had diarrhea and bloody stools for 10 days, a month back. She was tested for many things, and everything came back normal, except her calprotectin level was 1250 while she had loose and bloody stools. She was admitted and h...  Read Full »

Dr. Babu Lal Meena

Child Health Specialist, Family Physician, General Practitioner, Medical Gastroenterologist, Paediatrician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen all the attached reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity). We see many tyrosinemias and IBD (irritable bowel disease) patients. In smaller children, it is sometimes difficult to differentiate between ulcerative colitis and Crohn's disease....  Read Full »

Why is there a stomach ache with watery stools in a child?

Query: Hello doctor, My daughter is 6 years old. She has a stomach ache. Her stools are a little watery. Please tell me a solution to this problem.  Read Full »

Dr. Sirisha

Paediatrician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Watery stools imply stomach infection. That is why she has stomach pain. Usually, diarrhea persists for 3 to 4 days, please make sure the kid does not get dehydrated. Give her plenty of oral liquids like ORS, coconut water. Avoid sugary juices or liquids (they increa...  Read Full »

I have abdominal pain with watery stool. Why?

Query: Hello doctor, I have the following symptoms. Abdominal pain, starting from yesterday night. Had instant noodle and two eggs for the meal last night. At first, it was severe pain and strange sound in the intestine and could not poop. And then I had diarrhea and poop water. Hardly slept last night du...  Read Full »

Cardiologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Family Physician, General Practitioner

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It is likely a food poisoning. Most importantly, have ORS 100 to 200 ml with each stool and keep yourself rehydrated. Drink as much as possible. You should have tablet Pan D (Pantoprazole and Domperidone) before breakfast once a day for 3 to 4 days. You should get pr...  Read Full »

I'm having Fever with loose motions. Plz suggest medicines?

Query: Hello doctor, I have loose motions for three days. On the first day, I went to the washroom for eight times, but today it has come down to four times. Today, I also had a fever. The first day I took Metrogyl 400 mg thrice a day. What should I do?  Read Full »

Dr. Chandra Prakash Tanwar

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. The most common cause of an acute watery diarrhea in adults is a bacterial infection which is caused by various organisms. Metrogyl (Metronidazole) is an antiprotozoal which does not cause relief in your case as it is not an antibiotic. Hydrate yourself with plenty...  Read Full »

What can cause bloating, irregular bowel and watery stool?

Query: Hi doctor, I am suffering from irregular bowel. I feel burning sensation in the stomach and anus. If I eat anything spicy, I need to go to restroom immediately. My poop smells and is semisolid, sometimes watery but not like diarrhea. I am suffering with this condition for past one year. I am tak...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You are suffering from a condition known as irritable bowel syndrome (IBS). Your history is a classical suggestive of that. However, IBS is a diagnosis of exclusion. So, we need to be sure it is not anything else like ulcerative colitis, thyroid disorder or autonomic neu...  Read Full »