Watery Ear Discharge

Is my ear infection due to over masturbation?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have tinnitus for the last two weeks. I am taking tablets, but there is no improvement. I do not know the cause. The doctor, whom I visited, said that my nose hole is rooted in such a way that my ear gets infection like that. Also, my ear has pus inside. I think...  Read Full »

Dr. A K Srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Here, I would like to say that masturbation is not related to your ear problem. Probably, you are having otorrhea (ear discharge) with hearing loss and tinnitus. You are advised to take ear drop containing antibiotic, antifungal and steroids alo...  Read Full »

What is the cause of my ear pain and discharge?

Query: My ear is hurting and always wet when i clean it with cotton buds. I felt my ear is hurting specifically if i move my jaw also i feel it a bit swollen and has a water inside.   Read Full »

Dr. Radhika Shukla

Answer: Hello, ear infection can be of the outer ear (otitis externa) or the middle ear (otitis media). Otitis media involves having a ruptured ear drum. The best way to confirm if you have a ruptured eardrum or not is to put your drops in your ear and see if you can feel them in your throat. if you can ...  Read Full »

Why do I get a painful swollen ear after cleaning the discharge from it?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 27-year-old female. I have a swollen and painful right ear. My ear started to itch with discharge liquid two days ago, and after I tried to clean it with a cotton bud, it immediately got swollen. Please help. I am currently taking Divalproex, Sertraline, and Clonazepam for my ...  Read Full »

Dr. Sandeep Shrestha

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. With regard to your concern, as you had ear discharge, the most probable cause was otitis media. When you used earbud, it might have caused minor trauma to the external auditory canal leading to swelling. Treatment: 1) Take tablet Ampicillin 250 mg + Cloxacill...  Read Full »

Why do I have white, foul-smelling ear discharge since childhood?

Query: I have an ear discharge since childhood till now....white liquid coming out often...bad smell..... please I need help..I DNT hear clearly too.....just my left ear. It feels itchy sometimes.  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi! Thanks for briefing regarding the problem in concern. An ear discharge, foul smelling in nature since childhood should be evaluated with a hrct of the temporal bone to rule out cholesteatoma. For now you can take the following treatment advice. You can consider the following treatment advice...  Read Full »

Will Augmentin help in smelly ear discharge due to CSOM?

Query: Hello doctor, I have ear discharge for the past two weeks with thick and bad smell pus. I have operated CSOM (chronic suppurative otitis media) of the right ear four years ago. I feel occasional discharge and go to hospitals, but due to COVID-19, I did not go for the past six months. I am using C...  Read Full »

Dr. B Vageesh Padiyar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Thanks for providing a detailed description of the problem in concern. You have developed an acute infection of the eardrum, and that is why there is severe discharge. You can consider the following treatment advice. Take a tablet containing a combination of Cefpodoxi...  Read Full »

I get yellow discharge from one of my ears with a weird sound. Please help.

Query: Hi doctor, There is a fluid coming out on my left ear two days ago. I can clearly hear then and now the fluid is already yellowish but no odor. My ear feels very stuffy and I hear a weird sound. It becomes very itchy and sometimes it hurts. It was my habit to use cotton buds almost every day.  Read Full »

Dr. Nagaraj Patil

General Medicine Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician, Diabetologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It looks like you have developed an infection as the fluid is yellowish now. I assume the layer in your ear which is called the tympanic membrane that seperates the outer ear from the middle ear might have ruptured. Usage of earbuds mostly is the reason. It requires urg...  Read Full »

Why is some gum-like fluid coming out of my ear?

Query: Hi doctor, Some gum-like fluid is coming out of my ear. I have this problem for almost two years now. Please help.  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If you have been having ear discharge for two years, then most probably the ear perforation is a permanent one and you would require a surgery to close it and give you a dry ear. Also, chances are there that you do not have a perforation and just infection of the ear c...  Read Full »

Will ear pain with discharge result in hearing loss?

Query: Hello doctor, I would like to ask about my situation. Last night I decided to clean my ears using cotton buds, after hours I felt like my left ear did not function as how my right ear does. It has the same feeling when you got out of the water from the swimming pool as if there is a stucked water i...  Read Full »

Dr. Pruthvi Raju Uppalapati

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your situation. Your symptoms are suggestive of an acute ear infection. Nothing to worry. Since you say your ear is discharging, follow these suggestions. 1. Visit an ENT doctor near you so that your ear can be visualized endoscopically and treated acco...  Read Full »

Why is green fluid leaking from the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hearing loss from childhood. I had an infection in both the ears four years before and got it treated with antibiotics and got well. But, within weeks, a fluid of light green and sometimes brown color started leaking from my ear often during the day and it was itching. The doct...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have two of these conditions. This is what I can diagnose based on your history that you have given very well. Either chronic ear problem with a perforated eardrum or a fungal infection of the ear canal and drum. Perforation of the drum explains most of your...  Read Full »

What should be done if there is viscous fluid discharge from ears?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 19 year old male. Some type of viscous liquid comes out of my ears and when it dries up, it hardens. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viscous fluid coming out of ears indicates a middle ear infection. It has to be attended to immediately to avoid damage to the ear. I request you to meet an ENT specialist at the earliest to prevent further damage. In the meantime, you can take tablet Levocetirizine 1...  Read Full »