Watery Ear Discharge

Why is green fluid leaking from the ear?

Query: Hello doctor, I have hearing loss from childhood. I had an infection in both the ears four years before and got it treated with antibiotics and got well. But, within weeks, a fluid of light green and sometimes brown color started leaking from my ear often during the day and it was itching. The doct...  Read Full »

Allergy Specialist, General Practitioner, ENT Otolaryngologist, Family Physician

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. You can have two of these conditions. This is what I can diagnose based on your history that you have given very well. Either chronic ear problem with a perforated eardrum or a fungal infection of the ear canal and drum. Perforation of the drum explains most of your...  Read Full »

What should be done if there is viscous fluid discharge from ears?

Query: Dear doctor, I am a 19 year old male. Some type of viscous liquid comes out of my ears and when it dries up, it hardens. Please help me.  Read Full »

Dr. Suneetha B S

Diabetologist, Family Physician, Microbiologist, Nutritionist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Viscous fluid coming out of ears indicates a middle ear infection. It has to be attended to immediately to avoid damage to the ear. I request you to meet an ENT specialist at the earliest to prevent further damage. In the meantime, you can take tablet Levocetirizine 1...  Read Full »

Please suggest medicines for cold, fever and ear pain.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a cold from one week. Today, I experienced ear pain and a fever of 99.6.  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It seems you have developed upper respiratory tract infection. I usually, after examination, advice the following to my patients: Tablet Moxikind CV 625 (Amoxicillin and Clavulanic acid) twice daily for three days. Tablet Sinarest (Chlorpheniramine, Paracetamol, and P...  Read Full »

I have constant ear discharge after an eardrum surgery. Please advise.

Query: Hello doctor, I have an eardrum perforation since childhood. I had tympanoplasty done last year but, that failed. Now, the ear keeps discharging all the time. I completed a course of Ciprofloxacin and Dexatops ear drops but after a week, the discharge is back. Please advise.  Read Full »

Dr. Vinay S Bhat

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. A recurrent ear discharge after a failed tympanoplasty needs to be evaluated completely. The causes can be a reservoir of infection in your mastoid bone, resistant organism, Eustachian tube dysfunction, etc. The permanent treatment is a revision tympanoplasty usually d...  Read Full »

What foods to avoid during ear problem?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 21. I have a problem of pus discharge from my right ear, right from childhood. I have been told that there is a perforation and it needs to be closed by a surgery. Recently, I had severe pain as well along with the pus. The usage of buds to clean was the reason for the pain which...  Read Full »

Dr. Mehak Agarwal

Diabetologist, Family Physician, ENT Otolaryngologist

Answer: Hello,Welcome to icliniq.com.The perforation has to be closed using tympanoplasty surgery. Otherwise, the perforation may become unsafe with loss of ossicles and more complex surgeries may be required for its correction. Chances are there for the development of cholesteatoma which can invade and des...  Read Full »

Ear block and discharge remain even after antibiotic. Kindly provide suggestions.

Query: Hello doctor,I have got an ear itching five days before and went to a doctor. The doctor has told me that my ear got affected with fungus and prescribed Otinex ear drops. I continued that for three days. Initially, I got pain and liquid discharge from ears. Now, pain has gone but slight liquid disch...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. Did your doctor look into the ear using an otoscope or endoscope? If so, and then he diagnosed as fungus then it is fine. In that case, continue the drops for a week and wait. Do not let water enter the ear while taking bath or swimming. In my set up, I give Ciplox (...  Read Full »

I have ear clicking and discharge. What could be the reason?

Query: Hello doctor,I hear a clicking sound in my ears since the last three to four months. When I put my fingers inside my ears, a brown sticky substance comes out. The clicking sound does not come on its own, but it comes when I focus on it too much, although I have no earache.  Read Full »

Dr. Fazil Shajahan

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. From your history, it can either be due to wax impaction or it can be due to a defect in your eustachian tube functioning which is causing pressure differences in your ear and may cause fluid collection, or a tinnitus. But to confirm this, you need a personal consultat...  Read Full »

I sit in front of the computer for long and I am unable to focus. How can I be helped?

Query: Hello doctor, My eyes are feeling cold and I am unable to focus. I have been feeling this since last week. I sit in front of the computer for a long time. I do not want spectacles. Please help.  Read Full »

Dr. Rahul Vaswani

Eye Care Ophthalmologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. First of all kindly answer these questions. How many hours per day do you spend in front of a computer? Is there watering of the eye too? Are you suffering from a headache? While working on the computer, if you are working for long hours then take a break every 35 ...  Read Full »

Should I be concerned about my ear infection and perforated eardrum?

Query: Hi doctor, I was recently diagnosed with ear infection and a perforated eardrum. Initially, I was diagnosed with a viral respiratory infection and followed by ear infection in a two days. I have been taking antibiotics for three days now. I have a lot of fluid continuing to seep from my ear. How lon...  Read Full »

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. It appears with your history that you are suffering from an upper respiratory tract infection that has complicated into an ear infection. Usually, once the antibiotic course starts, the problem should resolve within three to four days and completely by five to sev...  Read Full »

I got ear infection after over masturbation. Will it get cured?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 29 year old male. I have tinnitus for the last two weeks. I am taking tablets, but there is no improvement. I do not know the cause. The doctor, whom I visited, said that my nose hole is rooted in such a way that my ear gets infection like that. Also, my ear has pus inside. I think...  Read Full »

Dr. A.k.srivastava

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. Here, I would like to say that masturbation is not related to your ear problem. Probably, you are having otorrhea (ear discharge) with hearing loss and tinnitus. You are advised to take ear drop containing antibiotic, antifungal and steroids alo...  Read Full »