Q. Some gum-like fluid is coming out of my ear. Please help.

Dr. Shyam Kalyan. N
This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

Some gum-like fluid is coming out of my ear. I have this problem for almost two years now. Please help.

#

• If you have been having ear discharge for two years, then most probably the ear perforation is a permanent one and you would require a surgery to close it and give you a dry ear.
  • In either case, an examination of ear through an otoscope or microscope is necessary to arrive at exact diagnosis and institute right management for you. I suggest you to get a professional consultation done for a physical evaluation.
  • Meanwhile, you may follow a few suggestions:
  1. Avoid water entry into the ear.
  2. Keep cotton plug while bathing.
  3. Do not put anything into the ear to clean or scratch.
  4. I suggest Paracetamol tablet for pain and tablet Lorfast (Loratadine) to reduce discharge. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

|