Q. Some gum-like fluid is coming out of my ear. Please help.

This is a premium question & answer published on Aug 02, 2016 and last reviewed on: Jun 17, 2020

Some gum-like fluid is coming out of my ear. I have this problem for almost two years now. Please help.

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)
#

• If you have been having ear discharge for two years, then most probably the ear perforation is a permanent one and you would require a surgery to close it and give you a dry ear.
  • In either case, an examination of ear through an otoscope or microscope is necessary to arrive at exact diagnosis and institute right management for you. I suggest you to get a professional consultation done for a physical evaluation.
  • Meanwhile, you may follow a few suggestions:
  1. Avoid water entry into the ear.
  2. Keep cotton plug while bathing.
  3. Do not put anything into the ear to clean or scratch.
  4. I suggest Paracetamol tablet for pain and tablet Lorfast (Loratadine) to reduce discharge. Consult your specialist doctor, discuss with him or her and take the medicine with consent.

For further information consult an ENT otolaryngologist online --> https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ENT-Otolaryngologist

| 

Hard bump in throat and my mouth looks white.

Query: Hello doctor, I have a bump in the throat. It is hard and not painful, and my mouth looks white, I looked on the internet and scared of mouth cancer. Please Help. Other symptoms I had was pain in throat for couple days, but that gone away quickly with gargling. I also have reflux (I am going to the...  Read Full »

I have ear pain, head pain, clogged nose and itchy throat. How to manage it?

Query: Hi doctor, I have episodes of bad sinuses every year. Last year, I had hay fever with an extreme blocked nose. I went to my GP, and he gave me sinus injection. I got better after treating it. The doctor prescribed Allerway 5, and Spersallerg eye drops for me. This year, my condition seems to be poo...  Read Full »

What is the reason for ringing in ear post ear infection?

Query: Hello doctor, I had an ear infection but my ear infection has gone now but very low pitched ringing in my right ear is not stopping.  Read Full »