Q. I have a clear watery sperm for months. Is this normal?

and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A

I am 20-year-old boy have watery clear sperm for months is it normal? Many of them tell that sperm is grey or white. My semen has an odor, sticky, slightly thin. Is it common at this age? There are no other problems like pain in testes, no frequent ejaculation, wet dream has happened and masturbation for two weeks. Now I am afraid of it. What I have to do?

Allergy Specialist Otolaryngology (E.N.T)

The grey or white is a very subjective description. Do not worry if your ejaculate is colorless. Your ejaculate consists of not just sperm but prostatic fluid a fluid secreted by seminal vesicles and some other glands. Sperm gets produced in three months. Frequent masturbation will reduce the number of sperms in each ejaculate, and it will have more of seminal and prostatic fluids. Do not worry. There is nothing right or wrong about the frequency of masturbation. Understand that it is natural to feel like doing it.

Why is my sperm brown?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 35 year old male. Two weeks ago, I noticed that my semen was brownish. Again yesterday and today, it is the same reddish-brown, and I think it is more watery than usual. I do not have any other symptoms. I do have a varicocele, but I do not think this condition is related to varic...  Read Full >>

Dr. Sandeep P
Urologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The reddish-brown color of the semen indicates a condition called hematospermia. The most common cause for this condition is idiopathic inflammation of the prostate or seminal vesicles. Do you have any feeling of dysuria (difficulty in urination or painful urination) or...  Read Full

Can masturbation cause hand numbness?

Query: Hi doctor, I have been masturbating for about 11 years and from a few weeks my right elbow started paining. Numbness had appeared recently. I am a software engineer and I am working with computer for the past 11 years. When I sleep on my back and have my forehands over my chest, they become numb som...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read your question with care and understand that you have numbness of your hands when you sleep. First and foremost, masturbation is physiological and it is a normal phenomenon. It does not cause any problem or any side effects. It does not interfere with your ge...  Read Full

Why is my semen so watery?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 31 year old unmarried male. Over the last few months my sperm looks watery whenever I ejaculate. Will it create any problem? Also my erection is not like earlier. Kindly advise me doctor.  Read Full >>

Dr. Purushottam Sah

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read and understood your problem. The fluid that male organ secrete during ejaculation is called semen. Semen is a visible liquid. It contains millions of invisible microscopic male counterpart of female eggs called sperms. It does not matter if your semen is mo...  Read Full

Ask a Doctor Now