Weak Ligaments

Please help me get rid of pain due to ankle sprain.

Query: Hi doctor,I have chronic ankle sprains in both the ankles. I have this for maybe a year now. I went to PT and have been doing exercises. But, about a week ago, my ankle began to pop. It is happening once in a while. It really hurts and I have to pause for a couple minutes for the pain to settle. Is ...  Read Full »

Dr. Mahaveer Patil

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Hope this message finds you in good health. I have gone through your complaints and understand your concern. I generally see many cases like this in my clinic. I give them a splint, rest, analgesics, anti-inflammatory tablets and ice pack till the swelling reduces to som...  Read Full »

What are the causes of slipping rib?

Query: Hi doctor, I have one rib out of its place. I think it is third or fourth one next to my sternum. Once a doctor put it back but it has slipped out again. Can you guide me through this?  Read Full »

Dr. Vandana Andrews

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. In many cases a rib slips out of place because the ligaments that hold the ribs to the sternum and the sternocostal ligaments are weak. Without muscles to hold the ribs in place loose ligaments allow slipping of the rib, which causes further stretching of the lig...  Read Full »

Is ligament laxity a side effect of Sevoflurane?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 36 year old female. My height is 164 cm and weight is 48 kg. I was healthy with fine ligaments. Two years back, I had spine surgery for a herniated disk at the level of L5/S1. Soon after the operation, I got something like sleep myoclonus. The neurologist said that as benign, but ...  Read Full »

Dr. Vivek Chail

Family Physician, General Practitioner, Radiodiagnosis Physician, Radiologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have read through your query in detail. Please find my observations below. Myoclonus or muscle twitching is a known side effect of Sevoflurane use, and it is not a serious concern. Sevoflurane does not cause laxity of ligaments. Very common side effects of Sevofluran...  Read Full »

My operated knee is comparatively weak. Why?

Query: Hi doctor, I got a ligament reconstruction surgery before four months. Till today, I have got 1301° ROM. I do not feel normal while walking and climbing stairs. Also, I feel that my operated knee is comparatively weak. Is this normal? What should I do to have a faster recovery?  Read Full »

Dr. Lokesh

General Practitioner, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Spine Health Specialist, Spine Surgeon, Family Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. It usually happens when the physiotherapy was not progressively increased, or physiotherapy was done intermittently. Weakness is due to muscles not being conditioned to presurgery levels. You need to increase the level of exercises. Start jogging, cycling, and training w...  Read Full »