Q. I have weak and fatigue all the time and disturbed sleep at night. Please help.

Dr. Alka
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 13, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 16, 2019

I feel weakness, fatigue all the time. I feel sleepy at day, but at night there is no good sleep. Why?

Dr. Alka

#

Are you taking any medicine for high cholesterol levels? If yes then ok, otherwise start taking it. Also, have you performed a thyroid function test? If not, then also go for it. Because this problem can be due to disturbed thyroid hormone. For now, improve your lifestyle. Take fresh, homemade, and healthy food. Make a schedule for taking food and take food at the same time. Avoid tv, laptop, and mobile two hours before sleeping because they hinder the normal sleep pattern.

Try to sleep around 10 pm and sleep in a dark and calm room. Even if you do not feel sleepy, go on the bed at the same time daily. Your body will ultimately become habitual to it. Wake up around six to seven am in the morning daily. Do not wake up late in the morning. Try not to sleep in the afternoon. Do pranayama and breathing exercises in the morning after waking up. Do walk daily at least for 30 to 60 minutes a day. Adopt these habits, and you will feel better results within a week. But do take a look at your thyroid hormone.

My physician says I am normal. But, I feel otherwise. Please guide me.

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 34 year old male. I recently had blood work done at a hospital near me. My physician says I am normal and that nothing is wrong. But, the following are troubling to me: My testosterone levels are at the lower end of the normal spectrum which does not seem good considering my age ...  Read Full »

I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.  Read Full »

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now