Weakness In Hands

Can a chiropractor help in fixing the crack sound in my hands to get my power back?

Query: Hello doctor, I have been arm wrestling for close to seven years and with time I have noticed a couple of things about my wrist that are hindering my ability to have healthy progress in this sport. The main issue is with wrist flexion. My problem is that while doing the flexing motion of the wrist...  Read Full »

Dr. Sreenivasa Rao

Physiotherapist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read your concern. In my opinion, the issue is with an excessive sheer force that you create when you flex your wrist is causing bone on bone rubbing and leading to those crack sounds. Depends on the concentration and loading of weight you feel it at different ar...  Read Full »

My handgrip is weak. Is it due to masturbation?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 26 years old. For the last 10 years, I am suffering from very weak hand grip strength. At the age of 16 it started and grip strength was negligible for like four years. Then I started working out with hand grippers and the condition has improved a lot. There is no pain or numbnes...  Read Full »

Dr. Prakashkumar P Bhatt

Internal Medicine Physician, General Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. There is no link between masturbation and handgrip weakness. The cause of your hand grip weakness needs to evaluate further. You need an in-person neurologist consultation face to face because we need to examine your strength, reflexes, sensations of your hands. Is ...  Read Full »

What are the specific symptoms of alcoholic neuropathy?

Query: Hello doctor, I am 29 years old. What would be the specific symptoms of alcoholic neuropathy? I am having some nerve issues, they conducted two separate neurological exams (no conductivity testing just the general exam) but the neurologist did not find anything abnormal. I am a mild to moderate dri...  Read Full »

Dr. Aida Quka

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I read carefully your question and would explain that your symptoms are not typical of alcoholic neuropathy. Anyway, tremor is very common after years of alcohol intake. I would first recommend checking vitamin B1 plasma levels and vitamin D plasma levels for possib...  Read Full »

What are the symptoms of multiple sclerosis?

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 28 year old female, I would like to know if multiple sclerosis is hereditary? My dad has it, and I am very nervous to inherit this disease. I have had two brain MRI's that have been normal, except for an incidental finding of a pineal gland cyst. I continue to worry about inhe...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Internal Medicine Physician, Neurologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I understand your concern. It is clear that you are not having MS (Multiple sclerosis) as of date. None of your symptoms are typical of multiple sclerosis. Back and thigh pain is posture related and tremors are anxiety related. Repeated MRI's being normal further rules ...  Read Full »

Taking Modalert. Now feeling weakness in my hands and getting thoughts like suicide. Please help.

Query: Hi, I am taking tablets Prodep 60mg, Modalert 200mg, Oleanz 5mg. I know you would not recommend me Modalert 200mg, but I have tried it as I am much concerned about concentration and cognitive enhancement. By god's grace now Modalert 200mg suits me and there are no side effects as such. Moreover, I f...  Read Full »

Andrologist, General Practitioner, Geriatrician, Psychiatrist, Psychologist Counsellor, Psychotherapist, Sexologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I am happy to know that you are improving in some domains and started considering your health as a priority.¬† At the same time I congratulate you that you are able to overcome all the nonsense ideas which sometime creep into your brain. When I recommended¬†Modalert 200mg...  Read Full »

My father has developed weakness in the right hand and leg.He is not able to walk.Please help.

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 75 years old and he is overweight. My father stays with my relatives in a remote place. Last night when he was sleeping outside, the weather was cold due to rain and the fan was on. He had felt cold at midnight and when he woke up, they found his right hand and leg were ...  Read Full »

Dr. Ajay Panwar

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your father had presented to me as an outpatient, I would have immediately taken him for a NCCT Head (CT scan of brain) as this is likely a case of stroke. Ayurvedic medicines and nurokind will not help at this stage. Immediately, get a CT scan of head done. In the CT ...  Read Full »