Q. Do muscle twitch and body weakness occur due to mineral deficiency?

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar
Published on Dec 05, 2015 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I also have problem of excessive nightfall. Does this problem occur due to any potassium or magnesium deficiency? Or due to any hormonal problem like testosterone or HGH deficiency? My thyroid profile is normal. My brain MRI, EEG and BP are normal too. I am 5'10" tall and my weight is 79 kg.  I am currently taking tablet Remylin D but there is no improvement. I am also taking ayurveda remedy for nightfall. Please help to improve my condition.

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

#

• I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body needs to be corrected with few medicaments and diet regimen.
  • Before that please answer few questions for better treatment plan. What is your age? Is there any dryness of mouth, weakness, tiredness or giddiness? Do you take any regular medication?
  • By saying twitches do you mean it as uncontrolled jerky movements of body or a part of body or eyebrows? Is it continuous? Or does it get aggravate in particular time, with particular food or activity or when anxious? What makes you feel relieved such as rest or hot water?
  • Apart from that, is there any gas formation in stomach and a bloatedness, farting or belching? Do you feel any burning sensation in stomach or chest or eyes or palms and sole? Do you have vomiting sensation?
  • How many times you open your bowel daily? Is the stool regular or hard like constipation? Is there any pain in opening bowels? Is there any itch or blood?
  • How is your appetite? Can you tolerate if the food is delayed? Can take enough food or just a little will satisfy your hunger?
  • Did you get any burning sensation after voiding? What is the color of your urine?
  • How is your sleep? Disturbed or a good one? Do you sleep in daytime? Are you working late night? Give a brief note about your daily routine.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions to an ayurveda specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

I am 25 years old. Muscle automatically jumps which is more after physical activity. It is continuous and happens anytime. I have some burping but no vomiting. I do not have dryness of mouth but extreme muscle weakness is present. My hunger and bowel are normal. My urine is light yellow in color and I have occasional burning sensation. I feel my sleep as good and normal. But, I do not feel fresh in the morning. There is an extreme tiredness and body ache. I searched in internet, my symptoms are quite similar with adrenal fatigue. Kindly tell me what may be the cause of my problem?

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar

#

• Your symptoms are basically because of improper assimilation of essential nutrients. The cause may be linked to erroneous food habits, excessive sexual intercourse or masturbation, bad daily regimen and unhealthy sleep habits.
  • Here is a prescription for you. Follow it for the next 15 days.
  1. Ashtavarga Kashaya and Sukumara Kashaya, each 7.5 mL (15 mL) mix with 60 ml of boiled and cooled water and take morning and night before food.
  2. Dhanvantari vati - Two tablets morning and night along with the above medicine.
  • Foods to avoid are which increases gas formation such as potato, cauliflower, cabbage, chana, sprout, green leafy vegetables, curds and refrigerated food. Hot and spicy food, junk food like chats, oily and fried food and aerated drinks.
  • Habits to avoid are alcohol, smoking, sleeping during daytime and late night awake, masturbation, heavy weight lifting in gym.
  • Take foods like onion, garlic, moong dal, old raw rice, buttermilk, milk, ghee, and sleep early by 10.30 PM and get up early at least by 6 AM.

Revert back after 15 days for a follow up to an ayurveda specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

I wake up coughing at night and swallow water to relieve this. Please advise.

Query: Hi doctor, I always wake up coughing during the night. And when I eat, I get discomfort like trapped wind in my esophagus and have to swallow water hard to relieve this. I tested negative for H. pylori and currently on Lansoprazole which is not improving my symptoms much.  Read Full >>

Dr. Noushif M
Surgical Gastroenterologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. Your symptoms are most likely due to gastroesophageal reflux disease, that is, acid reflux from the stomach to the food pipe in the chest. This happens more in the night hours which results in cough and sleep disturbances. Occasionally, it can also result in bad taste e...  Read Full

What is the cause of left-sided hand and leg numbness?

Query: Hello doctor,Left side hand and leg numbness and tiredness. I am taking cardiac medications.  Read Full >>

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. I have seen your health investigations (attachment removed to protect patient identity). There are different possibilities that may cause weakness of one side of the body as in your case. Bleeding or clotting of blood in brain areas. There may be a lesion that compres...  Read Full

My energy levels are low, and feel sad and cranky. What can I do?

Query: Hello doctor, Lying all day not interested in literally anything, energy levels low, feel tired without any reasons, sad, cranky and not doing any work. This happens in cycles, might work for a day and then shut off for weeks doing nothing productive and feeling stuck. Been quite a long time experi...  Read Full >>

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You seem to be suffering from major depressive disorder. You need to take medication for your disorder and be active in your life. Try to do exercise daily like just go for walk for 30 to 45 minutes, take good food avoid junk food, take good sound sleep at least 6 to 8 ...  Read Full

Ask an Ayurveda Specialist Now