Q. Do muscle twitch and body weakness occur due to mineral deficiency?

Dr. Neelakanta J Sajjanar
This is a premium question & answer published on Dec 05, 2015 and last reviewed on: Aug 02, 2019

I am suffering from muscle twitches, joint pain and extreme body weakness for over three to four months. My skin has become dry. My finger knuckles has got black pigmentation. My neurologist tells me that my reflexes are normal. I have a history of masturbation from my teenage and I also have problem of excessive nightfall. Does this problem occur due to any potassium or magnesium deficiency? Or due to any hormonal problem like testosterone or HGH deficiency? My thyroid profile is normal. My brain MRI, EEG and BP are normal too. I am 5'10" tall and my weight is 79 kg.  I am currently taking tablet Remylin D but there is no improvement. I am also taking ayurveda remedy for nightfall. Please help to improve my condition.

#

• I understand from your complaints and history, the condition is at the level of functional or metabolic derangement. All your laboratory reports (attachment removed to protect patient identity) indicate that you are structurally normal. The functional aspect of body needs to be corrected with few medicaments and diet regimen.
  • Before that please answer few questions for better treatment plan. What is your age? Is there any dryness of mouth, weakness, tiredness or giddiness? Do you take any regular medication?
  • By saying twitches do you mean it as uncontrolled jerky movements of body or a part of body or eyebrows? Is it continuous? Or does it get aggravate in particular time, with particular food or activity or when anxious? What makes you feel relieved such as rest or hot water?
  • Apart from that, is there any gas formation in stomach and a bloatedness, farting or belching? Do you feel any burning sensation in stomach or chest or eyes or palms and sole? Do you have vomiting sensation?
  • How many times you open your bowel daily? Is the stool regular or hard like constipation? Is there any pain in opening bowels? Is there any itch or blood?
  • How is your appetite? Can you tolerate if the food is delayed? Can take enough food or just a little will satisfy your hunger?
  • Did you get any burning sensation after voiding? What is the color of your urine?
  • How is your sleep? Disturbed or a good one? Do you sleep in daytime? Are you working late night? Give a brief note about your daily routine.

Revert back with the answers for the above questions to an ayurveda specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

I am 25 years old. Muscle automatically jumps which is more after physical activity. It is continuous and happens anytime. I have some burping but no vomiting. I do not have dryness of mouth but extreme muscle weakness is present. My hunger and bowel are normal. My urine is light yellow in color and I have occasional burning sensation. I feel my sleep as good and normal. But, I do not feel fresh in the morning. There is an extreme tiredness and body ache. I searched in internet, my symptoms are quite similar with adrenal fatigue. Kindly tell me what may be the cause of my problem?

#

• Your symptoms are basically because of improper assimilation of essential nutrients. The cause may be linked to erroneous food habits, excessive sexual intercourse or masturbation, bad daily regimen and unhealthy sleep habits.
  • Here is a prescription for you. Follow it for the next 15 days.
  1. Ashtavarga Kashaya and Sukumara Kashaya, each 7.5 mL (15 mL) mix with 60 ml of boiled and cooled water and take morning and night before food.
  2. Dhanvantari vati - Two tablets morning and night along with the above medicine.
  • Foods to avoid are which increases gas formation such as potato, cauliflower, cabbage, chana, sprout, green leafy vegetables, curds and refrigerated food. Hot and spicy food, junk food like chats, oily and fried food and aerated drinks.
  • Habits to avoid are alcohol, smoking, sleeping during daytime and late night awake, masturbation, heavy weight lifting in gym.
  • Take foods like onion, garlic, moong dal, old raw rice, buttermilk, milk, ghee, and sleep early by 10.30 PM and get up early at least by 6 AM.

Revert back after 15 days for a follow up to an ayurveda specialist online -->  https://www.icliniq.com/ask-a-doctor-online/ayurveda-specialist

|