Weight Bearing Joints

I am suffering from knee pain, loss of appetite, and vitamin B12 deficiency. Please help me.

Query: Hello doctor, I am a 37 year old male, and  I am suffering from knee pain, loss of appetite, fatigue, lack of interest, vitamin B12 deficiency, and my tooth enamel has eroded. I am taking Losar 50 for high blood pressure from six years. And from the last five years, I am also taking medicines fo...  Read Full »

Criticalcare Physician, Diabetologist, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician, Medical Gastroenterologist, Nephrologist, Pulmonologist, Rheumatologist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. You might have developed knee osteoarthritis, which is a wear and tear of the joints, because of excessive weight on the weight bearing joints. This mostly occurs with advancing age, but these days it is not uncommon to find it in young obese individuals. I would advise y...  Read Full »

I have pain and clicking of joints Please help.

Query: Hello doctor,I have a joint pain with lots of clicking. On a scale of 1 to 10, it is only 1 or 2. But, the clicking is to the point where it is annoying. Also, my ankle hurts a lot for no apparent reason. I do not know if this is relevant, but my foot used to turn in.  Read Full »

Dr. Atul Prakash

Fitness Expert, Orthopaedician And Traumatologist, Physiotherapist, Spine Health Specialist

Answer: Hello, Welcome to icliniq.com. If your worry is about the clicking of the joints, then that is fairly common, and not a cause for worry especially if you are in a growing phase or stopped growing recently. You however, have to do regular stretches and strengthening exercises to help with this. You ...  Read Full »

When can physiotherapy be started after bilateral hip replacement surgery?

Query: Hi doctor, I had bilateral hip replacement surgery done recently. The right hip was replaced last month, and the left hip was replaced this month. Is it advisable to do physiotherapy now?  Read Full »

Dr. Shakti Mishra

Fitness Expert, Nutritionist, Physiotherapist, Yoga Specialist

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. The day when a hip replacement is done, that day itself, other joint movements should be started as early as possible. First, non-weight-bearing physiotherapy should be done, followed by partial and full weight-bearing exercises. Non-weight bearing movements should be don...  Read Full »

Why is my back pain more while standing and sitting?

Query: Hi doctor, I am a 53 year old male. I got herniated disc 12 years ago in the lumbar region, but I do not remember the level. I had an epidural shortly thereafter and it seemed to work. I have visited three orthopedic doctors for thoracic pain. I have had x-rays and MRIs on thoracic as well as cervi...  Read Full »

Dr. Muhammad M. Hanif Md.

Cardiologist, Criticalcare Physician, General Medicine Physician, Internal Medicine Physician

Answer: Hi, Welcome to icliniq.com. I feel sorry for the painful situation you are facing. Yes, bony spurs and small joint pathology are the main cause of your chronic pain and discomfort. In such a situation, the weight bearing joints are most affected and that is obvious by standing up and getting more pa...  Read Full »