Q. I have Crohn's disease with kidney problems, and I want to gain weight. Kindly suggest a diet plan.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Hi I am a Male, 22 Years of Age, 5 Feet 10 Inches in Height and a body weight of 55 Kgs. I am looking to gain weight and need a diet plan/chart for the same. My target weight is 75 Kgs, however, I have certain needs because of my health issues all which listed below that need to kept in mind while preparing a diet plan :-

1) I am suffering from Crohns Disease as a result of which any immflation causing foods have to be avoided at all costs, I can't drink any milk or coffe as it flares my disease, red meats aggrevate my condition severly, eating chicken for many meals or subsequent days for long also gives me diarrhea. 2) I also only have only one functioning kidney so to protect the other working kidney I can't eat foods that overwork my kidneys, protien heavy diet is not an option for me, and I can't eat large meals and large portions as it will again stress my kidney and intestines.

Dr. Sumiya Sulthana

Dietician Nutritionist
# Thank you for posting your query.

sorry to hear about your suffering,definitely can plan a diet keeping few things in mind like avoid raw vegetables eat small frequent meals avoid excess spicy and oily food use steamed food to start your meal plan

early morning1 cup of yoghurt with jeera powder 1tsp

breakfast light breakfast like idli/dosa/oats/bread jam/ omlet will do

mid morning take a cup of yoghurt with 1fruit like avacado/ prunes/orange/mausambi/berries

lunch a thaki will provide all nutrient avoid sea fish can take locally available fish/chicken.

evening take BHEL puri/ Dahivada/dahi puri/idli/steamed snack

dinner preffer chapati/ oats with curds

include fluids in plenty
split meals will help to get proper nutrition and absorption and not increase pressure to kidney
steam vegetables will help to reduce irritation in intestine, yoghurt will help to manage and calm intestinal lining.hope these will help your health condition.

|