Q. Kindly suggest ways to gain weight.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Sep 03, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 05, 2019

I have a migraine problem but side by side I have a problem of weight loss too. I am married and have two children. Please suggest me how to gain weight.

Dr. Swapan Banerjee

Dietician Fitness Expert Nutritionist
#

Migraine is such a disorder with some symptoms like headache, nasal, eye, forehead pressure, etc., climate or weather change or allergic prone also. Any time often can be attacked. There fore I think no direct relation with weight. So you have taken both but in a separate way. For migraine, there are some specific treatment and related medicines available. For weight loss, you can gain weight gradually by a consistent effort. Check the following,

1) Blood loss excess with your menstruation may be low iron and folic acid, and RBC.

2) Take CHO carbohydrates like rice or roti little more enriched with protein like milk and milk products. Also, fish and chicken 50 gm at least daily. If non.vegetarian then go soya and soya products, pulses.

3) Plenty of green vegetables, greens, spinach, gourd family vegetable mainly.

4) Take three servings daily fruits like lemon, orange, guava, apple, grapes, watermelon, papaya, and cucumber at any time.

Also, go for eight hours rest and deep sleep. And do not take the stress. A lot of things are there to add. You can properly make a diet chart, which will help you.

Headache, Sinusitis, and Migraine - an Approach to Diagnosis

Article Overview: One of the most common complaints of patients in general and ENT practice is a headache. And in chronic cases, it might be due to sinusitis, termed as sinus headache or trigeminal migraines. Symptoms of "sinus headache" include persistent pain or pressure over the cheeks and around or behind the eyes. Other symptoms include nasal congestion, nasal blockage, and it occurs for more extended periods. Sometimes, patients with headache do not have sinusitis, and it turns out to be a trigeminal migraine. Read Article

Dr. Abid Khan

It is believed by physicians and patients as well that when symptoms of pressure or pain is present over the cheeks and around the eyes, then it is a sinus headache. It makes sense as well, but surprisingly, most of the patients (around 60 to 70 %) that land in ENT clinic as "sinus headache," turn o...  Read Article

Can medicines cause sudden weight gain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding medication which she is taking. Our consultant prescribed the following three medicines from first week of her pregnancy. Tablet Promocal (calcium, vitamin D3 and magnesium). Tablet Ferofer (Sodium feredetate with vitamins and ...  Read Full »

Can a migraine and a tension-type headache coexist?

Query: Hello doctor, In short, I have a baby who is now 9 months old. I have started having a visual aura (fortification spectrum) and migraine around two months ago. The aura was almost always on the left side of the vision and the headache (which was quite mild), was on the right side of my head, at the ...  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now