Q. My weight is 48 kg. What should I do to increase it?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar
and medically reviewed by Nithila A
Published on Aug 07, 2019 and last reviewed on: Aug 09, 2019

I am 20 years old male. My bodyweight is 48 kg. I want to increase my weight, so now what I should do?

Dr. Sajeev Kumar

Child Health Paediatrics
#

You need an extra 500 calories a day if you want to put on excess weight in a week. Protein is the key to muscle building. It will help you gain muscle weight rather than fat mass. Good sources of protein are red meat and poultry, eggs, and whole grains. Salmon is high in calories and healthy fats.

Best healthy foods help to gain weight fast. Homemade protein smoothies. Drinking homemade protein smoothies can be a highly nutritious and quick way to gain weight. Milk has been used as a weight gainer or muscle builder for decades. You may also include rice, nuts and nut butter, red meats, potatoes and starches, salmon and oily fish, and protein supplements.

Why am I spotting watery mucus after a miscarriage?

Query: Hi doctor, I used to have a regular menstrual cycle. But since the last four months, I noticed spotting mixed with watery mucus in the mid of the cycle. I was put on birth control pills a year back, but I still got pregnant and had a miscarriage six months back. After two months of my miscarriage, I...  Read Full »

Can medicines cause sudden weight gain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding medication which she is taking. Our consultant prescribed the following three medicines from first week of her pregnancy. Tablet Promocal (calcium, vitamin D3 and magnesium). Tablet Ferofer (Sodium feredetate with vitamins and ...  Read Full »

Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement?

Query: Hello doctor, I want to gain weight. Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement? Can I take Nutrigain? Please help me,  Read Full »

Ask a Fitness Expert Now