Q. Please advise diet plan and health tips to increase weight.

Dr. Sruthi B Ramesh
and medically reviewed by Dr. Nithila A
Published on Sep 02, 2019 and last reviewed on: Sep 04, 2019

I want to increase my weight. Advise me for proper diet planning. Give healthy tips for a diet to increase my weight.

Dr. Sruthi B Ramesh

Ayurveda Specialist Nutritionist
#

Healthy diet to gain weight includes,

1. Whole fat milk.

2. Fruits like papaya, apple etc,.

3. Whole wheat products.

4. Dry fruits and nuts. Include the above regularly in your diet. Additionally, ayurvedic medicine called Kushmanda rasayana which is a pumpkin preparation is available which will also help gain weight. Kushmanda rasayana one tbsp with warm milk before going to bed.

What is the diet plan for a 55-year-old diabetic male patient?

Query: Hello doctor, My father is 55 years old and weigh 70 kg. He is suffering from sugar disease. Please inform the precautions to be taken to maintain the correct sugar levels and please inform the complete diet chart including fruits which are to be avoided or preferred. His normal food is tiffin in t...  Read Full »

Can medicines cause sudden weight gain during pregnancy?

Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding medication which she is taking. Our consultant prescribed the following three medicines from first week of her pregnancy. Tablet Promocal (calcium, vitamin D3 and magnesium). Tablet Ferofer (Sodium feredetate with vitamins and ...  Read Full »

Please suggest a diet plan to lose weight.

Query: Hi doctor, I have gastric problem. Can you suggest me diet plan to lose weight with consideration of my gastric problem. Please specify any precautions to be taken and mention the source of food. I am attaching my medical reports which I have done before six months. Thank you.  Read Full »

Ask a Nutritionist Now