I have been really thin since my childhood. Though somewhere it is genetic now I do not feel comfortable. I am not able to gain weight no matter what I eat. My pelvic bones have started to show slightly. My weight is just 41 at 17.
I have tried eating different foods but no positive result. When I choose exercise as an option, I lose additional weight rather than getting an increased appetite.
Welcome to icliniq.com.
1. Calorie dense food should be incorporated in your diet like dried fruits, potato, sweets, nuts, jam, jelly, banana or mango shake, porridge, badam kheer, etc.
2. Leafy vegetables should be restricted in your diet as they reduce appetite.
3. You should take three major meals a day and snacks in between. Also, butter and margarine should be considered.
4. An adequate amount of egg, meat, fish, milk should be taken as it helps you for tissue building in your body.
5. Try to eat one boiled egg every morning.
6. You should eat more food at each meal.
7. Before taking a meal, you can walk for some time as it help to you feel hunger.
8. You should take more water.
Was this answer helpful?|
Query: Hello doctor, I want to gain weight. Is there any ayurvedic weight gain supplement? Can I take Nutrigain? Please help me, Read Full »
Query: Hi doctor, I am doing my college first year now and living in a hostel. While in my home, my health was good and I had even joined a gym for bodybuilding. After going to hostel, I only ate food given in the mess and sometimes, snacks from outside. After two months, I returned home and everyone was s... Read Full »
Query: Hello doctor, My wife is 28 weeks pregnant. I am having doubts regarding medication which she is taking. Our consultant prescribed the following three medicines from first week of her pregnancy. Tablet Promocal (calcium, vitamin D3 and magnesium). Tablet Ferofer (Sodium feredetate with vitamins and ... Read Full »
Ask your health query to a doctor online?Ask a Dietician Now