Q. What should I consume daily to reduce my weight?

Dr. Mbuomboh Liwo Blaise

What remedy should I take to lose weight? I am currently on Zonegran 200 mg, Pristiq 100 mg, and Klonopin 1/2 mg.

Dr. Mbuomboh Liwo Blaise

Family Physician General Practitioner
#

Generally, we put on weight when energy gained from food is far more than the energy used for our daily activities. The net energy is stored in muscles and adipose tissues. However, many medical conditions make us put excessive weight. No matter what causes weight gain, but weight loss is possible. This is a progressive and demanding process and entails a lot of self-discipline. In a very simple way, I will advise you try the following:

1. Reduce calorie intake.

2. Reduce carbohydrates intake and take more of proteins and avoid junk foods.

3. Eat in small quantities and only when necessary.

4. Exercise regularly. Intense physical exercise may be very necessary to burn excess fats.

5. Get good rest and avoid stress.

6. Check weight weekly so as to set more objective weight targets.

Revert with your present weight and if any underlying medical conditions may be very useful in your follow-up.

|