Q. Why does my weight remain the same now though I lost some kgs when I start weight loss program?

Dr. Atul Prakash

I am a perfectly healthy person weighing 90 kg and trying to reduce weight. Please note that I do not have any health issues, my periods are regular at 28 days and I am not taking any medications.

From the past two months, I am underweight loss program for self by practicing yoga and aerobics at home for almost 1.5 hours and I have reduced 5 kg and superb inch loss. However, from the past two weeks, my weight is constant at 90 kg. Hence, I was curious to know the reason. I am having a good inch loss but no weight reduction. Please help me by connecting me to a good fitness specialist/doctor who could help me in answering my query.

#

This is now very uncommon that the person continues to have inch loss, but the weight remains static.

Various reasons are as follows:

1) Initial weight loss is mainly water weight and body has to maintain a certain percentage to be able to survive. This accounts for initial weight loss but then water cannot be lost indefinitely.

2) The most sustained weight loss attained by (regular exercise and yoga) in your case is the fat loss add this is slow and sustained and this is still happening.

3) With regular exercise, muscle mass increases which counterbalances the water and fat weight loss.

This is called the stalling phase and unless one understands these people feel frustrated and may even give up. Weight loss of 1 pound per week is a good go and you are spot on.

|